The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

30 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Are you telling me I missed the most complete Canucks game in 6 years because of work? 

Yeah, sorry qwagger, but the truth hurts sometimes.  It was a gooder. Great game to watch. Looks like highlights are ur friend this time. 

8 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I posted for the benefit of those that participated, you basically called me dumb, don’t think you’re supposed to do that either.

You bet against us. I said "name checks out", you technically called yourself dumb baha

Miller is an early Stud for the Canucks. not just the scoring and offence play but he’s Standing tall  and not willing to be a push around. I really like his whole game tough on the puck and hard to check. 

I took some heat last PGT about this one downer. Again for Me Ferland seemed to be a filler player and not really a presence in the game. This was a game I would have liked to see him get dirty in the third with Detroit acting up taking a shot at Petey. Wake up Ferland let’s see something man !! 

9 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Wow, is the defense on this team fixed or what?  Edler and Tanev look like they did in their primes now that they've got some support.  Myers and Hughes have made a huge difference and Benn is quietly good also.  None of the headless chicken routine in our zone any more.

Well the D basically got 3 new bodies (all upgrades).

IN: Hughes, Myers, Benn

OUT: Hutton, Pouliot, MDZ, Gudbranson, Schenn.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bertorama said:

Miller is an early Stud for the Canucks. not just the scoring and offence play but he’s Standing tall  and not willing to be a push around. I really like his whole game tough on the puck and hard to check. 

I took some heat last PGT about this one downer. Again for Me Ferland seemed to be a filler player and not really a presence in the game. This was a game I would have liked to see him get dirty in the third with Detroit acting up taking a shot at Petey. Wake up Ferland let’s see something man !! 

Ferland did exactly that.  He ran over a couple guys, and got a couple others to blow snow.  Ferland and Jake were deadly together in the last 10 minutes of the third.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Green maxed out the last substituting advantage tonight. Beagle and Co held up their end so everybody else could attack. 

Tanev looks like he is having fun. Sutter too. Playing much more freely. Don’t have to carry quite the load as in the past so they are much more dynamic offensively. 

Leivo Boeser Ferland didn’t quite have it. Ready for Rousssel and Baer to come back. Not sold on Ben either. 

Motte did what he does. Pretty good first outing. Loui must be going stir crazy although he has time to count his money now. 

Good to see Biega do well out there. One of the more noticeable Detroit players. Hope he sticks w Red Wings and gets regular TOI. 

Demko shaky at times but still good and got the result. Nobody panicked so team must be confident in him after first p, unfortunate goal. Depth. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ferland did exactly that.  He ran over a couple guys, and got a couple others to blow snow.  Ferland and Jake were deadly together in the last 10 minutes of the third.  

I saw Virtanen out there but I know what he Brings every game, when is Ferland going to make a s by statement? Checking players is an expectation of all players not above and beyond. I’m dying to see something more from a new player to the team earn your spot, not just filler play. I would be happy to be heckled because he proves me wrong it will be best for the Canucks! . I don’t share my thoughts to get beat up on CDC going against the grain but I’m not seeing it so far, I guess I’m the only one. 

Edited by Bertorama

5 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

The emergence of a Star.

Quinn Hughes is that guy.

Yeah, there were others putting up the big points tonight, but I gotta say, I am getting more and more impressed by this kid.

I really thought it would take some time for him to get used to the league.. thought there would be a problem with his size... I thought he would be hit and punished.

But he skates so well, he is so slippery and anticipates the play so well that he is OUTTA THERE before anyone can lay a check.

He is the Canucks best puck carrier by far... he hardly looks like he is moving his legs... looks like he is going for a stroll... but suddenly he is in the O-Zone.

He also uses open space better than anyone on the team... he is like a water spider... the opposing players move towards him and magically he skitters back out of range.

And that is only the offensive half of his game...  his D game is just as good. 

Phenomenal anticipation of where the puck will be... quick on it and then a quick move or pass and the zone is cleared.

It is usually Chris Tanev who has to cover for his D partner... but Hughes is actually covering for Chris... and that means Tanev is not required to sacrifice himself near as much trying to save the situation... this year I have not yet seen Tanev get hit bad by a forechecker once... which I saw regularly last year.

I'm really sold on this kid...  I thought he was better than his brother, but I didn't realize just how much better.

Kids a      STUD

How many times have you seen him deke 2 or 3 guys coming out of the zone, makes those guys look like players from videos in the 1970s.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1