The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Preds @ Nucks Nov 12 2019 7pm Pacific - Watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

49 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

I know we're trying to find goals and chemistry, but switching the middle 6 every game and sometime multiple time per game, isn't helping IMO

Don't worry, Greener has a few more tricks up his sleeve. If the boys are down by a goal of two in the third we might see Hughes as a forward and Edler playing goal. Ya know, to fire up the boys. Lol.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Tough coaches seem to win Cups, like a-holes always seem to be on Cup winning teams. In this league, nice guys finish last. Tired of being the nice team with zero banners.

Need a cpl guys with attitude and swagger on this team. 

Ferland could be that guy but he's injured. Who knows where he's going to moving forward.amd he's known for not taking any chances takes his sweet time returning from injuries. It's fine especially with head injuries he's got a life after hockey..

But need a cpl of jerks.. Roussel can be that guy. Need cpl more of them. Hopefully get one for 2nd line..

Makar is a sick player. Scored a beautiful goal and could have had 3 points in 1st period vs WPG

He's the run away favourite to win Calder early in season . His D game is good and he's strong. 

Need to puttt Quinn on GH make him grow a couple few inches.

• Cheers 2

I think Markstrom's situation cast a shadow over the team and made it hard to focus on the games. Condolences to Marky and his family.

The guys need some puppies and a pinata to help them start having fun again. It might still be a bit early for that though.

Anyway, Canucks win 4-2.

Go Canucks Go!!!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think Ferland had a big impact on this team when he was playing. They played faster, with confidence and Ferland used his size to battle along the boards and in front of the net. I wonder why they never brought up MacEwen, another fast, big body, to fill in for Ferland. Baertschi is no Ferland, the Canucks are lacking nastiness and bite since Motte and Ferland have been out.   

Great point to help me understand our recent losing streak.. with those two out we have seemed a bit easier to play against. We need Virt to do some of that hard nasty work but he cant do it all. Hopefully Rous is back sooner than later I think the original timeline was in December for him. Replacing motte and ferland with baertschi and erikson Is a huge reduction In physicality 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Yung1 said:

Green understands process. He also understands how to hold the confidence and respect of a locker room. He's honest when he thinks the team hasn't played well. He's also honest when he thinks they have played well but haven't gotten the results. I respect that and I think the team does too. If there's one thing this team has in spades this year, it's buy-in, and that's a big reason why. "emotion, some passion, and outrage" doesn't work. Think back to the disaster of a season under John Tortorella. Green is handling this with perfection.

What do we need a coach for? what is his contribution?

14 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Makar is a sick player. Scored a beautiful goal and could have had 3 points in 1st period vs WPG

He's the run away favourite to win Calder early in season . His D game is good and he's strong. 

Need to puttt Quinn on GH make him grow a couple few inches.

Funny how the 2017 draft lottery screwed both Vancouver and Colorado (the 2 worst teams that season) by dropping them 3 spots from where they would of been drafting. And it is good to know that both of these teams came away with the 2 best players in the draft. I guess, hockey god (if there is one) is keeping things in check.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1