The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Do you think Canucks need new coaching staff?

Rate this topic

Roberts

Canucks Coaching Staff Poll  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The power play is a joke.still . Drop pass Brown 

The d zone coverage is just terrible.still -keystone cop  Baumer. 

New players same problems.

as for Green he wants to play a dump and chase game except he doesn’t have the type of players that requires. 

Pettey And boeser shouldn’t be spend half there shift trying to revive pucks in the corners. We don’t have an aggressive forecheck. The should be a possession or off the rush system. 

Markstrom saved some jobs last season and he and demko are doing again this season. 

JB Green and company better hope they can stop 40+ shots 20 of which are high quality every night

or we will be guaranteed a top 5 pick next summer And most likely new staff. 

Edited by combover

11 hours ago, WCE said:

hire Babcock before Seattle gets him 

Green and staff are doing fine rate Green and staff  = grade (  Ct  ) at this point.

I never thought Babcock was this great coach. Babcock took over a very very talented team in Detroit and won a cup? Almost anyone coach could  should of won a cup with that talent..Same could be said in Colorado in days when they had Sakic,Foresberg and company..

Babcock showed how good he was in Toronto..lol..lol..Do not want any coach like Babcock, he is another Keenan.. No class and reports about what he did with young rookie Marner makes him a complete ass...

Old school coach like Babcock and Keenan are long gone, new styles and way better motivation styles today..

Green is just fine..

Jim Benning = grade ( B ) Jim has also done a very good job, people forget we had 1-2 prospects 6 yrs ago..

Now we have so so many exciting talented players in organization and future is bright and exciting..

Go Canucks Go

Edited by wildcam

So, the Leafs and TOR media piled on Babcock, accusing him of doing this and that in the room. Despicable, how the Leafs players and media treat this future HoFer. So, just because they feel Babcock was the problem, now everyone thinks Babcock is a lousy coach? That punk Marner, throwing him under the bus like that in the media, goes to show his character. Sure, Babcock probably had some strange ways to doing things, but the Leafs players never responded. I hope another eastern team hires Babcock and that team knocks the Leafs out of the playoffs lol

As for our coaching staff - I'm not a fan of Green and I don't believe he is capable of leading this team to a championship. Not saying we should hire Babcock, but maybe a coach who has been there done that, and knows what it takes. Green has zero NHL playoff experience as a coach.

Edited by NUCKER67

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

As for our coaching staff - I'm not a fan of Green and I don't believe he is capable of leading this team to a championship. Not saying we should hire Babcock, but maybe a coach who has been there done that, and knows what it takes. Green has zero NHL playoff experience as a coach.

Right now, Travis Green has more experience as an NHL head coach than Craig Berube did when he was named interim head coach of the Blues.

To be fair, Green didn't have much of a team when he started. He's really only had a couple of years with higher end (in their careers) players. I blame JB way before I'd blame Green. If he'd started the rebuild during Willies time, Green would have an even bigger cupboard and options. And JB would have a greater surplus of prospects, to trade for good vets and wouldn't have to trade future #1s.  Instead of topping up the cap with second choice free agents.  Green would have had a much deeper skilled team today.  But I digress.

I give Green this full season at least. If we can limit injury woes, there should be no excuse not to make the playoffs. We basically have to. We've borrowed from the future to ensure it. And if most everyone is healthy, we should be able to ice a competitive team to make and complete in the playoffs.

edit:  I voted assistants because I'd like to see the last of Newall Brown.

Edited by kilgore

lol TSN

Really? Do the other Leafs players hold that against Mitchell? Highly doubt it, they're just piling on Babcock to make them feel like they did the right thing. I hope that team goes down the toilet. If the Leafs players had any issue with Marner, it would be because he held out for more money and missed training camp and preseason, etc.

I wonder what Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Lidstrom have to say about Babcock.