The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 01, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

54 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t get the hate on Leivo. A big upgrade over depth guys we’ve had the last few seasons.

Its not his fault that he is being played up the lineup because of injuries.

This was one of Bennings most underrated trades. Carcone is struggling to even stay in the AHL right now, while Leivo is on pace for 41 points.

Not hating on him, but he is the most likely winger to be moved if all the LTIR come back, and Gaudette is here for good.

Pearson, despite his four point game the other day, is 2nd on the bubble.

Miller Petey Boes

Jake Bo Gaudette

Rous Sutter Ferland

Schaller Beagle Motte

The cap is a beotch, no ways around making hard choices, and soon, for Benning.

• Cheers 1

This was a solid game by the Canucks. If high diving Nurse wasn’t selling his goods I think we win this game. Eriksson is a goat but really he didn’t do much wrong nurse played the refs like a fiddle. 

Another learn something game for the young talent to understand you have to win in different ways and protect a win in different ways. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xereau said:

Not hating on him, but he is the most likely winger to be moved if all the LTIR come back, and Gaudette is here for good.

Pearson, despite his four point game the other day, is 2nd on the bubble.

Miller Petey Boes

Jake Bo Gaudette

Rous Sutter Ferland

Schaller Beagle Motte

The cap is a beotch, no ways around making hard choices, and soon, for Benning.

Pearson ain’t going anywhere. He’s 5th on the team in scoring among forwards. We can’t afford to give up scoring depth.

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Roussel Horvat Pearson/Gaudette

Virtanen Sutter Ferland 
Schaller Beagle Motte

Leivo

Eriksson will get waived like he should have at the beginning of the season.

Cap is not an issue right now.

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pearson ain’t going anywhere. He’s 5th on the team in scoring among forwards. We can’t afford to give up scoring depth.

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Roussel Horvat Pearson/Gaudette

Virtanen Sutter Ferland 
Schaller Beagle Motte

Leivo

Eriksson will get waived like he should have at the beginning of the season.

Cap is not an issue right now.

Waiving Eriksson doesn't solve our cap issue. At all... 

Is Eriksson sitting against Ottawa? I’d like to see him in again. Those penalties he took yesterday had more to do with Nurse being a diving sack of (expletive deleted), then with Loui being a little careless. The guy has looked engaged and that goal was pretty nice. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Is Eriksson sitting against Ottawa? I’d like to see him in again. Those penalties he took yesterday had more to do with Nurse being a diving sack of (expletive deleted), then with Loui being a little careless. The guy has looked engaged and that goal was pretty nice. 

I've been a huge Erikson critic, but I try and give credit when credit is due. The last two games where he played with Horvat and leivo have been quite good. He's looked like he had some confidence in his game, quicker to the puck, that line was creating some chemistry... And then the two penalties. The high stick was a huge sell job by Ms.Nurse.  Unfortunate we couldn't kill that one. The second one i was seeing the pick play coming, kept an eye on Louie the whole time and thought to myself, "don't move. Don't move." And sure enough as soon as Louie moved to draw just that little bit of interference, the refs called it. Ms.Nurse another huge dive, another failure to get a big kill. Injuries really hurting our pk badly.

I hope loui gets some more time on that line. Those two penalties were not indicative of his entire play the last two games.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Fans weren't nearly hard enough on the refs last night.  Tried to start a "refs you suck" chant after the second Nurse flop but unfortunately there were too many Oilers fans in our section.  Probably the best game I've seen LE play since he came here, and then Nurse upstages him with his audition to become an Olympic diver.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 3

21 hours ago, linden17 said:

Exactly. Accident or not it was still Neal’s stick that caused what could of been a horrible incident. How there is no call there with both referees looking is beyond me!!!! Respect to Neil because he was legitimately concerned for Tanev after but that still needs to be called. I was at the game waiting for the whistle and me, the usher and another guy couldn’t believe the no call. I honestly thought for the slightest of a second that Tanev’s career may be over. Thank god

Yeah it was one of those plays that make you go like this.

tenor.gif

And normally when I feel like that, it's a good sign it should be a penalty automatically. And the fact that you clearly see Neals stick in between Tanevs legs, was already a no brainer.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, xereau said:

What a female dog. I assume the NHL won't fine him for diving either?

giphy.gif

Has Nurse been trying to learn figure skating in the off season.... Looked like he was going for a triple axel there :towel:

But in all seriousness, that was a joke what a clown Nurse is, I didn't know he was one of those people in the league, guys a joke.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

So, which Canuck are we crucifying for this GDT thread? 

I struggle to keep up to the forum’s choices for player voodoo doll treatment. 

Loui 2 penalties 

Drai, 2 pp goals

is it that hard?

30 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Has Nurse been trying to learn figure skating in the off season.... Looked like he was going for a triple axel there :towel:

But in all seriousness, that was a joke what a clown Nurse is, I didn't know he was one of those people in the league, guys a joke.

He's got a reputation for it.