The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Flames, December 29, 2019 - 6:30 PM PST -- HNY Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

Proud of how we've been able to dig ourselves out of a hole and get back in the mix. Don't think anyone here underestimates how important this game is. Going in against a Flames team that has really picked it up over the last month, so it will be a big test tonight. 

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Huge 4 point swing obviously and one of the biggest games of the year to date, I know we're on a 4 game win streak but the 2nd of back to backs will be hard. We need to come out strong and hope our goalies can hold us in it. This is one for the PP to get us over the line.

4-3 Canucks.

With games in hand we can top the division if we win a few more...

Green has a plan and it seems to had work against the Kings - Markstrom or some planned distraction(s).distracting college basketball GIF

Hoping for a greasy win against the Flakes.  GCG !

Edited by ShawnAntoski

I don’t mind winning ugly but we can’t give ourselves a false sense of success

We need to fix alot of our play. I really see no D zone system other than a complete cluster of  panic and chasing the puck 

Green needs to ensure we play physically and finish our d zone checks or the 2 minute cycles against us will continue 

it’s not hard to fix but it seems we don’t adjust 

39 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I don’t mind winning ugly but we can’t give ourselves a false sense of success

We need to fix alot of our play. I really see no D zone system other than a complete cluster of  panic and chasing the puck 

Green needs to ensure we play physically and finish our d zone checks or the 2 minute cycles against us will continue 

it’s not hard to fix but it seems we don’t adjust 

Success is measured by...wins. 

They don't need to fix what ain't broke.  Get a win, any way you can and it counts.   

Some have an agenda related to Green/coaching and are trying to prove a point.  But as long as a team "manages" to win, that's what counts.  Squeak them out.  Get great goaltending.  Whatever.  They build off that momentum.  They obviously adjust enough to get through games and even if they're not pretty, the points are what matter.   They're doing something right when they win...even if they're not doing everything right.  Sometimes goalies stand on their heads.  Other times, it's other players.  That's the beauty of a "team" game. 

You're missing a whole lot of fun and entertainment - put down the white board and enjoy the ride?  There are guys paid to worry/stress...we, as fans, don't need to.  Sometimes the wins where you come sliding in sideways are the most fun...even the ones that you could/should have lost. 

Last night was fun.  I didn't leave there, head hanging, feeling "man, that d coverage was awful".  I woo'd right out of the building along with other happy customers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

I don't know why the coaching staff thinks it's fine to have the goaltender facing 40 / 50 shots a game.When will it dawn on them to give up on this no pressure defense and give all kinds of time and space in their own end.So many teams come in here and get on the Canucks  players and yes their winning but putting that on your goalies is not right.

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Success is measured by...wins. 

They don't need to fix what ain't broke.  Get a win, any way you can and it counts.   

Some have an agenda related to Green/coaching and are trying to prove a point.  But as long as a team "manages" to win, that's what counts.  Squeak them out.  Get great goaltending.  Whatever.  They build off that momentum.  They obviously adjust enough to get through games and even if they're not pretty, the points are what matter.   They're doing something right when they win...even if they're not doing everything right.  Sometimes goalies stand on their heads.  Other times, it's other players.  That's the beauty of a "team" game. 

You're missing a whole lot of fun and entertainment - put down the white board and enjoy the ride?  There are guys paid to worry/stress...we, as fans, don't need to.  Sometimes the wins where you come sliding in sideways are the most fun...even the ones that you could/should have lost. 

Last night was fun.  I didn't leave there, head hanging, feeling "man, that d coverage was awful".  I woo'd right out of the building along with other happy customers.

That goes for life too!   Life will pass you by and finally, you will be complaining to the nurse at the senior home.