The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Iran Says It Unintentionally Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner

CBH1926

36 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I frickin wish. How would you deal with the lawyers salivating at the impending lawsuits though.

I seem to recall a Heinlein novel, where some world celebrates the day the got rid of the lawyers.  Sounds like a start!

• Haha 1

The flight path makes me wonder if it was being timed to explode over water and the timing was a bit off, I could see terror groups doing that to make it hard to recover anything and leave speculation open to someone accidentally shooting it down. 

Hopefully Ukraine gets access to the black box. 

That sob Trump lit a fire by assassinating someone for political gain, and I'd lay odds this incident is a direct result. We'll see. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

1 hour ago, DefCon1 said:

It would be pointless to target a plane whether American or Iranian when they wanted no casualties. I mean firing 17 missiles into Iraq and all the victims end up being Iranian? with no American or Iraqi casualties? That would cause a big stir if they find out it was an iranian missile hitting a passenger plane full of Iranians. Who knows what happened, but you also cant link the missile directly with the plane going down just because of the time frame unless there is undeniable evidence that the missile hit the plane. 

con·tra·dic·tion
/ˌkäntrəˈdikSH(ə)n/
noun

1. a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another.

59 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:
con·tra·dic·tion
/ˌkäntrəˈdikSH(ə)n/
noun

1. a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another.

Contradicts himself on page 3 too.... :lol:

Possibly no-one at all now knows what happened.. It would be nice to have a discussion re. the few facts that we do actually have rather than making random assumptions

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

It would be pointless to target a plane whether American or Iranian when they wanted no casualties. I mean firing 17 missiles into Iraq and all the victims end up being Iranian? with no American or Iraqi casualties? That would cause a big stir if they find out it was an iranian missile hitting a passenger plane full of Iranians. Who knows what happened, but you also cant link the missile directly with the plane going down just because of the time frame unless there is undeniable evidence that the missile hit the plane. 

True, could be a coincidental accident.....or a tragic miscalculation that can be conveniently excused with plausible deniability.

10 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Take away the unregulated internet (it'll happen, they're legit trying already)

If you can control the information going out, you will control the information going back in. 

Sadly this will be the next evolution of the internet, it is inevitable.

We can never have nice things.

I hope Canada and Trudeau, make a very strong effort to get impartial investigation, to find out what really happened.

Ukraine investigators considering possibility that missile brought down passenger plane over Tehran

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/ukraine-flight-was-on-fire-in-air-and-returning-to-tehran-at-time-of-crash-iran-investigators-say/2020/01/09/9b27434c-3244-11ea-971b-43bec3ff9860_story.html