The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames re-sign Rasmus Andersson

4 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I have never been.  Hamilton closest.  Whats there?

Schefele scores BTW

Right near the lake, so it’s absolutely beautiful. 45-50 minute drive from Toronto, so it’s not too far. But it’s right in the “Wine Country”, as the vineyards are all between there and Niagara Falls (30 minute drive). Love it there. So nice. Definitely doesn’t feel like you’re even close to Toronto. 

• Thanks 1

While I’m very happy with the Boeser pick in 2015. Rasmus Andersson was the guy I wanted as the defensive option, if Benning were to choose one. He kind of flew under the radar, when everyone wanted either Roy, Kylington, Juuslen, or Carlo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shiznak said:

He kind of flew under the radar, when everyone wanted either Roy, Kylington, Juuslen, or Carlo.

The knock on him was his conditioning. Which he was able to get under control about 3 years ago, now.

2 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Hope he never lives up to the contract, leading the Flames to dump him and he will find success in another team. Hate the Flames with a passion, screw them.

Grow up, they are human beings as well who worked their tails up.  They are in the entertainment business. This whole nonsense of hating another team to make you seem more of die heart gotta stop. Who cares who is the biggest die heart fan but even more so this hatred is hurting culture.  I know it's a minor thing but hating the flames and other similar things just tear people apart. 

We need more unity in this culture. Stop hating another city hockey team. They did nothing wrong.  You can dislike a player I guess but even then you are judging them by their on ice behavior or a story you heard or maybe you meant them once that didn't go well.  This guy's have families and wife's. I'm sure after a fight with the wife where you gone shopping the last thing you want is a fan bugging you for a picture. 

I'm just saying to be nicer and stop hating each other. This hating culture gotta stop soon. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Grow up, they are human beings as well who worked their tails up.  They are in the entertainment business. This whole nonsense of hating another team to make you seem more of die heart gotta stop. Who cares who is the biggest die heart fan but even more so this hatred is hurting culture.  I know it's a minor thing but hating the flames and other similar things just tear people apart. 

We need more unity in this culture. Stop hating another city hockey team. They did nothing wrong.  You can dislike a player I guess but even then you are judging them by their on ice behavior or a story you heard or maybe you meant them once that didn't go well.  This guy's have families and wife's. I'm sure after a fight with the wife where you gone shopping the last thing you want is a fan bugging you for a picture. 

I'm just saying to be nicer and stop hating each other. This hating culture gotta stop soon. 

If you read carefully on what I wrote, I just want the Flames to be screwed at the end of all this. I just hope he doesn’t live up to it while he is in Calgary and then gets traded else where to find his personal success. Have a hard time not hating the Flames when you read some of their fans reaction when our players get injured.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

If you read carefully on what I wrote, I just want the Flames to be screwed at the end of all this. I just hope he doesn’t live up to it while he is in Calgary and then gets traded else where to find his personal success. Have a hard time not hating the Flames when you read some of their fans reaction when our players get injured.

Be the bigger person. Besides just because half a dozen flames fans r rude doesn't mean the whole city are rude

Just now, milk and honey said:

Be the bigger person. Besides just because half a dozen flames fans r rude doesn't mean the whole city are rude

I get your point. And you are right. However, knowing what’s right is easy and doing the right thing is hard. I am hoping to be the better person when it comes to things like this, but man, whenever I go online and the amount of Flames trolls feeling happy whenever a Canuck player goes down with an injury, it gets me angry and want nothing good to happen to that organization. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Wonder what they'll do. Hamonic and Brodie are pending ufa's and they don't have any semblance of a legit #1. Guess they'll let Talbot walk and free up that 2.7m.

Lames do have the reigning Norris trophy winner, albeit he is 36 yr old. I remember the draft year when Rasmus got taken, I really wanted us to select him. We got a useful player in Sven for a bit till JB kicked his arse to the curb. 

Hope Woo can turn into a similar type player for us down the road, fingers crossed

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

Lames do have the reigning Norris trophy winner, albeit he is 36 yr old. I remember the draft year when Rasmus got taken, I really wanted us to select him. We got a useful player in Sven for a bit till JB kicked his arse to the curb. 

Hope Woo can turn into a similar type player for us down the road, fingers crossed

I suppose that wasn't presented very well, I meant #1 goaltender. Gio's been great for them and they haven't had a guy like him in years. But yeah, he's no spring chicken. 

There's a lot of questions to be answered in Calgary whether they make the playoffs or not. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I suppose that wasn't presented very well, I meant #1 goaltender. Gio's been great for them and they haven't had a guy like him in years. But yeah, he's no spring chicken. 

There's a lot of questions to be answered in Calgary whether they make the playoffs or not. 

Calgary could use Marky, but JB won't be trading him especially to the Lames

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, milk and honey said:

Dude, this is a fine post if he actually said anything rude regarding the city, players, or fans. His post was that he wants the contract to bite the team in the butt, so they don't succeed. Pretty typical. I want every contract another team signs to end up being a bad contract. I want the Canucks to win, which in the real world that does not involve a trophy going to every team, means that I cheer against every other team. It also means that teams within our division are teams we cheer harder against. I for one don't hold as much hate for other typical Canuck rivals as most, but understand it, as long as you can get along with their fans and have fun with it. Don't start policing typical $&!# talking rivals, what do you expect to see on a teams forum?

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Calgary is a nice city.  Very world class, great economy.  An hour & 20 minutes from Banff. 

Better weather than Edmonton, Winnipeg.

It was a tongue-in-cheek joke, but out of the other two cities you mentioned (aside from the weather), Calgary is below them in so many ways. I digress.

8 hours ago, Tower102 said:

Dude, this is a fine post if he actually said anything rude regarding the city, players, or fans. His post was that he wants the contract to bite the team in the butt, so they don't succeed. Pretty typical. I want every contract another team signs to end up being a bad contract. I want the Canucks to win, which in the real world that does not involve a trophy going to every team, means that I cheer against every other team. It also means that teams within our division are teams we cheer harder against. I for one don't hold as much hate for other typical Canuck rivals as most, but understand it, as long as you can get along with their fans and have fun with it. Don't start policing typical $&!# talking rivals, what do you expect to see on a teams forum?

Respect and kindness. 

Change the toxic hockey culture to. 

• Wat 1