The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Wild Jan 12, 2020 - 1pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

35 minutes ago, Wanless said:

If the oilers miss the playoffs and blame Kassian because of that penalty they're delusional

Exactly,

Kassian with the right response

His team could have responded and stopped the pp goal

If you are afraid of taking a penalty for fear of taking a penalty on certain instances, then what kind of game do you have?

The team needed to rally for that, I am sure 30 gm's and players wanted to thank Kass for that reaction

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Not going to @ all the people saying Tkachuks hit was dirty - but it wasnt. He was looking for it for sure, and hes a B for running away and I loved seeing Kass ragdoll him around the ice - but that was a clean hard hit, no head contact, didnt leave his feet and Kass had the puck.

If you think that's dirty you need to watch more hockey and learn something.

Tkpukeandchuck is a douche of the highest order, however as you say, that was a textbook hockey hit. Kassian was taken aback by it and lost his helmet. That and the fact that Zack is a total psycho led to the ragdolling of Tkachuk. 

Have to give it to Kassian for laying the smack down though. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay maybe someone smarter then me can explain this to me.....everyone hates MT cause of his hit on Kassin right? 

So what's the difference between this hit and that hit?

other then ones a Canuck player...

Watching the Tkachuk hit, he took like 5 strides into Kass. Jake coasted into Nichushkin. He didn't take a single stride from the blueline in. Lol. With that said, both were good solid hits in my books. Kass didn't immediately go after Tkachuk from the clip I seen on Sportsnet. Tells me it was a good hit. Tkachuk also took out Giordano, so it's a double win in my books.

Edit: I may have watched a different hit than the one you referenced. Lol. But one of Tkachuk's hits, the one I seen, looked good. 

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay maybe someone smarter then me can explain this to me.....everyone hates MT cause of his hit on Kassin right? 

People just don’t like Tkachuk.. us in particular because we took Olli instead.  Toss in our residual love for Kassian and there’s plenty of bias to go around.  

I’m just happy that two rivals ended up with a beating and a suspension.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I hate to say this cause I'm on a Canuck forum but the battle of Alberta is some of the best regular season hockey has to offer.....

Its almost always nasty too. 

Watch it or you will get run off like SabreFan1.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

The difference, Dallas player is soft and didnt stand up for himself. Virt needs to play like that all game every game imo!

2 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I don't see a suspension (I sure hope not)

It was a clean hit ( who wouldn't want more Canucks hitting)

Love Kassian throwing him around and using him as a rag doll, I doubt Tzachuk saw a thing, it happened so fast

It was a fighting penalty 

Flames won

Case closed 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5424287

Kass has a hearing tomorrow with the NHL Player Safety.  Lest we forget this is the new NHL where 'toxic masculinity' like this isn't tolerated.  Rumour has it that Buttman is thinking about rebranding the sport as Ballet on Ice to showcase its softer side.:P

• Haha 3

The weasel tkatchuk was smart and knew which buttons to push.  He targeted kass knowing he would lose his cool.  Knowing how to manipulate certain players is a characteristic of a good rat and I wouldn’t be surprised if daddy tkatchuk is feeding Matty boy some pointers. the difference is I think ol man tkatchuk would have answered the bell eventually.

i was disappointed that zack fell for the tactics but it was satisfying seeing the rag dolling.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

The weasel tkatchuk was smart and knew which buttons to push.  He targeted kass knowing he would lose his cool.  Knowing how to manipulate certain players is a characteristic of a good rat and I wouldn’t be surprised if daddy tkatchuk is feeding Matty boy some pointers. the difference is I think ol man tkatchuk would have answered the bell eventually.

i was disappointed that zack fell for the tactics but it was satisfying seeing the rag dolling.

pretty much exactly how I feel about it

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5424287

Kass has a hearing tomorrow with the NHL Player Safety.  Lest we forget this is the new NHL where 'toxic masculinity' like this isn't tolerated.  Rumour has it that Buttman is thinking about rebranding the sport as Ballet on Ice to showcase its softer side.:P

if this happen 4 years ago no hearing, league has gone soft than butter in Australia 

Well, it was clear Tkachuk was running players specifically Kassian this game. Cleanly I'll add (first hit I seen could have been argued was a charge) but nonetheless you keep running at people they'll retaliate eventually. If Jake did the same hit on Nichushkin 3-4 times you'd bet players would take notice and start something with Jake. Nobody likes getting obliterated multiple times by the same guy. Lol. Tkachuk got exactly what he wanted though, you can laugh and say he got what was coming to him but he knew where things would go and Kass played right into his hands.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Watching the Tkachuk hit, he took like 5 strides into Kass. Jake coasted into Nichushkin. He didn't take a single stride from the blueline in. Lol. With that said, both were good solid hits in my books. Kass didn't immediately go after Tkachuk from the clip I seen on Sportsnet. Tells me it was a good hit. Tkachuk also took our Giordano, so it's a double win in my books.

That's what I mean both are clean hits but people are acting crazy , tree even mentioned when he was here he would have to fight evening after a clean hit , I  Don't agree with that..

to me it's two clean hits and MT did his job and it's not like burrows never pulled any crap...

Im all for hating MT but to say you wouldn't want him on your team cause of the stuff he pulls , come I on  , look at our dirt bag list kesler ,burr , Cooke  and the list keeps going, MT hasn't pulled anything one of them wouldn't have done