The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

Who gives a rats rear end?

The Canucks got the win. 
The TOI for our best players takes care of itself in the long haul. 
I’m delighted that Demko played great.

I’m delighted that Nucks had 11 grade A scoring chances compared to 8 by the Blues (by Corey Hirsh’s count).

I’m delighted that we won. 
GCG! :gocan:

Ditto: just win for a playoff berth and go from there.  GCG !!

JT Miller....he is our boy!!!

check out Canucks 2nd goal...EP40 took the puck wide entering the zone passed it back to Jake who passed it to Miller who was wide and going for the net...the ATTACK TRIANGLE executed to perfection!!! (just one variation of many that can come from setting up the triangle).

it is unbelievable how many scoring chances come from setting up the attack triangle, and the amount of passing plays that can be made by setting it up.

Petey passed the puck at the perfect time and Jake hesitated to draw the goalie and then passed to Miller who buried it!

They need to set this Attack up everytime the other team gives them the blue line....every time....no more than 3 passes then a shot with two players driving the net.

Keep it simple so that they can play fast....it's that easy. 

The key to setting it up is getting the puck wide when entering the zone (either by passing or skating it wide).

Edited by Pete M
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, oldnews said:

EP Miller Virtanen

Pearson Horvat Boeser

Roussel Sutter Gaudette

Motte Beagle LE

(LE can still rack up the empty net points!)

Eventually something like that will happen or Boes back on the first. People reading way too much into the whole thing 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Just read through it and it’s definitely heavy on the salt. Rigged officiating (didn’t STL have more PP’s?), fluke goaltending performance by Demko, the weird skinny alien kid is overrated and Binnington should’ve got the Calder, etc. 

They’re also claiming the Schwartz high stick on petey (which saw Schenn go to the box) was on his elbow or shoulder, saying Petey should be fined for embellishment. Anyone got a replay of that?

There was a second replay. Stick caught him in the cheek area. Contact was definitely made to the face. The stick rode up his shoulder first and then hit his face. 

side note the PP was terrible. Why are they even complaining about that lol

Edited by Devron44

Motte with 6 hits and a couple blocks.

Fantenburg was quietly solid - with 5 hits and 3 blocks.

Nice to get a win on a night a few of their talented young guys were not having their best games....(obviously not referring to the EP Miller Virtanen line).

4 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Just read through it and it’s definitely heavy on the salt. Rigged officiating (didn’t STL have more PP’s?), fluke goaltending performance by Demko, the weird skinny alien kid is overrated and Binnington should’ve got the Calder, etc. 

They’re also claiming the Schwartz high stick on petey (which saw Schenn go to the box) was on his elbow or shoulder, saying Petey should be fined for embellishment. Anyone got a replay of that?

I like the team - was glad to see them take the SC last year - huge fan of a number of their players.

but they're a loopy market though.   they used to love chanting USA at Blues games where Canadians absolutely dominated their lineup lol 

Anyhow - they're letting a misleading shot total cloud their perspective.   They weren't 'all that' tonight.  They didn't really 'deserve' a victory here.  They can thank Allen themselves they were even in a position to potentailly tie it.  Pretty sure he robbed Horvat, Pettersson, had Virtanen ring his post, got lucky on a Gaudette hook shot on an empty net, etc.  Demko was great but I'm not sure he faced more grade A chances...

• Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

The Blues do have a legitimate gripe about the missed too many men call on the Canuck’s last power play. That’s the longest time period I’ve ever seen a team have an extra man with no call. It must have lasted 15 or 20 seconds!

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

Little bit of space. Not much, but it's nice.

Post image

We are 6 points above the hawks for the final playoff spot,  with a game in hand and the tie breaker!

if the season ended today,  we would get Arizona,  the the flames/oilers.  

Lots if games left,  but this team is worth getting excited for.

Solid team efforts usually start with the first and fourth lines clicking.

The first line draws out the top D.

The fourth line, pushes the secondary scoring / checkers of the other team.

That leaves open a lot of room to deploy Bo when the other team wants to push.

Sutter Beagle Motte were beastly again tonight! Just grinding the puck is a necessary part of the game, and they crack me up at times out there.

I swear they give the puck to the other team just so they can go get it again.

Stecher with Edler on most shifts was great to see again. He's a valuable piece to this team, and I doubt he is traded any time soon.

Nine at home in a row means you are doing something right. Outshot every time, but playing to the system.

Good thing we have two goalies clicking.

Feels like 2009-2010 to me.

Remember those games where Lu made 50 saves? Holy shades of...

Was the crowd Luu'ing tonight a couple times? I swear I heard it..