The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Wayne Simmonds

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I live in BC and watch pretty much every Canucks game. There are a number of intelligent, thoughtful posters here with whom I can have actual intelligent conversations with.  You do t number amount them. I’ve had you on ignore for awhile and Every so often I peek to see what idiotic thing you’ll say next. And you never disappoint. 

Wise choice getting out of Quebec and moving here.  Still doesn’t explain why a Hab’s fan comes to our board and badmouths our players and prospects, now does it?  Again, your team sucks now, and will for a long time if your GM keeps wasting his top picks on bustaroo Smurfettes.  Koko and what’s that cute little feller’s name you guys drafted last year?  He’s darling.  :lol:  

41 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I live in BC and watch pretty much every Canucks game. There are a number of intelligent, thoughtful posters here with whom I can have actual intelligent conversations with.  You don’t  number among them. I’ve had you on ignore for awhile and Every so often I peek to see what idiotic thing you’ll say next. And you never disappoint. 

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Alf's a legend bro frick off

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I've always liked Simmonds.

I'm in. Make it so. 

No doubt they’re trying to get a stupid amount for him based on other prices.

In reality he’s worth a 4th and a prospect. 

A 3rd and either salary retention or taking Baertschi is more than fair.

I still think I that we need a D back from Jersey if we are making a trade and giving up anything of value.  They might not want to give up Severson though.

A bigger trade like:

Simmonds 50% retained 

Subban $3 million retained 

for

Eriksson

Stecher

Rafferty

Eriksson and Subban’s contracts cancel each other out.  We get an actual player out of it though, Subban isn’t what he was... but he is still a solid NHLer and a lot more valuable than Eriksson at the same money.

Jersey gets a younger couple of RD to fit their rebuild better. We get two pieces really useful for a long layoff run and Subban for a couple years who is an upgrade on Stecher.

Next year:

Miller-Petterson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli

Hoglander-Gaudette-Virtanen

Roussel-Beagle-Motte

MacEwan

Hughes-Tanev

Edler-Subban

Juolevi/Tryamkin-Myers

Benn

Edited by Provost

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

I still think I that we need a D back from Jersey if we are making a trade and giving up anything of value.  They might not want to give up Severson though.

A bigger trade like:

Simmonds 50% retained 

Subban $3 million retained 

for

Eriksson

Stecher

Rafferty

Eriksson and Subban’s contracts cancel each other out.  We get an actual player out of it though, Subban isn’t what he was... but he is still a solid NHLer and a lot more valuable than Eriksson at the same money.

Jersey gets a younger couple of RD to fit their rebuild better.  We get two pieces really useful for a long layoff run and Subban for a couple years who is an upgrade on Stecher.

Next year:

Miller-Petterson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli

Hoglander-Gaudette-Virtanen

Roussel-Beagle-Sutter

MacEwan

Hughes-Tanev

Edler-Subban

Juolevi/Tryamkin-Myers

Benn

Here’s the biggest problem. If Jersey is retaining $3m on Subban. It’s essentially like they’re wasting $9m on Eriksson on this deal.  Subban has had one poor season.  He’s still reasonably young and is more likely to bounce back than Eriksson. Ignoring the rest of the deal, that fact alone is probably enough for Jersey to pass on the deal 

8 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Here’s the biggest problem. If Jersey is retaining $3m on Subban. It’s essentially like they’re wasting $9m on Eriksson on this deal.  Subban has had one poor season.  He’s still reasonably young and is more likely to bounce back than Eriksson. Ignoring the rest of the deal, that fact alone is probably enough for Jersey to pass on the deal 

They are getting the two club controlled D for exactly that difference.

Word is they want NHL ready young players more than extra picks now.  Stecher and Rafferty would be on their roster next season and Eriksson would as well.

1 minute ago, Provost said:

They are getting the two club controlled D for exactly that difference.

Word is they want NHL ready young players more than extra picks now.  Stecher and Rafferty would be on their roster next season and Eriksson would as well.

Stetcher MAYBE gets you Simmonds. 

So that means they have to value Rafferty enough to take the hit of downgrading from Subban to Eriksson and pay him the equivalent of $9m in cap.  I just don’t see the value in it for them. Maybe they do, but I doubt it 

1 hour ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

@qwijibo is there a way that i can get you and alf to be friendly?

I can offer a full body massage with a rear release technique i call "purging the demons"

:bigblush:

Call me ;)

:lol:

13 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Stetcher MAYBE gets you Simmonds. 

So that means they have to value Rafferty enough to take the hit of downgrading from Subban to Eriksson and pay him the equivalent of $9m in cap.  I just don’t see the value in it for them. Maybe they do, but I doubt it 

Not that I think the deal would happen but Stecher is worth more than the 3rd or 4th Simmonds is worth.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Call me ;)

:lol:

Not that I think the deal would happen but Stecher is worth more than the 3rd or 4th Simmonds is worth.

Possibly.  But he’s a bottom pairing D who is an RFA with arbitration rights. I can accept he’s worth a bit more than Simmonds. But the rest of the deal is heavily slanted in Vancouver's favour