The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 19, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, billabong said:

I was at the game it was hilarious to hear everyone just HATE on eriksson when he bobbled that puck in front of the net :lol:

the place went nuts! 

I feel bad for Loui. His offensive game is like premature ejaculation without the payoff. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, grandmaster said:

We need to stop the shoot out. I’ve had enough. Points are just too valuable and games are being lost because of a stupid way to end the game. 

All the players need to play hard for a full 60 minutes. This game was better than last but not good enough. 

I’ve said this before;

Canucks at 100% = a top team in NHL.
Canucks at 90% = below average 

Canucks at 100% a very good team in the NHL...not a top team yet....but really close...couple of players away

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

What’s JB’s next move if this slide of poor play continues?  

I don't mind the idea of Simmonds, as long as its not for something insane like Juolevi, but I'd prefer some defensive help. Benn was pretty bad a some key moments last night, not sure why he's struggling but something needs to change there, so hopefully something on d. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't mind the idea of Simmonds, as long as its not for something insane like Juolevi, but I'd prefer some defensive help. Benn was pretty bad a some key moments last night, not sure why he's struggling but something needs to change there, so hopefully something on d. 

Would Green’s systems and passive philosophy allow Simmonds to play the role he needs to actually help us?  Where was Big Mac last night?  The kid played really well the previous game, and Green sits him.  

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Per Seravalli they apparently asked about Martinez so some indication that Benning might think that the D-corps needs some improvement.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Would Green’s systems and passive philosophy allow Simmonds to play the role he needs to actually help us?  Where was Big Mac last night?  The kid played really well the previous game, and Green sits him.  

I can see Mac vs Boston, maybe Green figured he needed someone more dependable defensively. 

4 minutes ago, mll said:

Per Seravalli they apparently asked about Martinez so some indication that Benning might think that the D-corps needs some improvement.

if we could  have exchanged Benn for Martinez thats a big win for us. We'd have to send cap back LAs way... and they'd want one of our better d prospects to do it. Thats a tough one, but i don't see how we survive the mistakes coming off the back end and the games get tougher without some solid veteran help. 

So who's left? who can we go get of similar quality? 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

5 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

I gotta know what loui does every practice. Theres no way you can practice something every day and be that bad at it. 

I know cdc is all about the "say and do the right thing" life, but I think it's time we gave loui a little nudge. I would totally pitch in for a billboard or a go find me page to support his retirement.

He tries less then 73% of the time.   Doesn't cut it.  Keep this up and we will need to win 73% of the time the rest of the year.   I like your handle - it's just good enough, same with your posts - wish we could say the some  with half the roster right now...

That said I re-call two other times this year the sky was falling.   Hope that the team digs deep and finishes more on their chances...just need to have one more hot streak - or at least a barely a B level effort from everyone ha ha 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, EliasBoeser said:

I hate Green... go up one goal and play the “collapse” strategy.. go to the shootout and use 1/12 Tofolli, cause “it would be pretty nifty if we won it...”

Exactly my thoughts.  New hero turns into new town goat!  Not blaming Tofolli.  Call is Green's and he continues to play the wrong hunches.  Why not let Virtanen, Hughes or Gaudette have a shot (or deke) once in awhile.  They grew up in Jr/college hockey with shootouts so what the heck.  Give them a chance.  

I am thinking that the Canucks are not going to make the playoff dance this year.  They can't be giving away points at this stage of the season.  Marky looks tired and frustrated.  He can't steal every game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if we could  have exchanged Benn for Martinez thats a big win for us. We'd have to send cap back LAs way... and they'd want one of our better d prospects to do it. Thats a tough one, but i don't see how we survive the mistakes coming off the back end and the games get tougher without some solid veteran help. 

So who's left? who can we go get of similar quality? 

LA got a pair of 2nd round picks from Vegas without having to take back any salaries. We already offered a 2nd round pick to get Toffoli. We won't have enough assets to get Martinez unless we trade away one of Woo, Rathbone, Utunen etc. which I do not think it is a good idea.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I can see Mac vs Boston, maybe Green figured he needed someone more dependable defensively. 

Dont see it happening Jimmy.  Bo is gonna be matched up against the Bergeron line.  No way Green puts Mac on that line, he seems to trust Loui more.

What I dont get is why not put Motte on that line.  If Green is so worried about defensive abilities of the player, Motte has shown he can play that role and probably has better offensive upside than Loui at this point.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Darius said:

Dont see it happening Jimmy.  Bo is gonna be matched up against the Bergeron line.  No way Green puts Mac on that line, he seems to trust Loui more.

What I dont get is why not put Motte on that line.  If Green is so worried about defensive abilities of the player, Motte has shown he can play that role and probably has better offensive upside than Loui at this point.

Motte would be a far better idea. As you said, he possesses better offensive output, and is clearly more motivated, and makes the opposition's life hell out there.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Green’s head is on the block.  

You seem 100% convinced on this

And you may be right

But I have some doubts

But, also, I have been wrong before

25 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Which was winnable, if the right players had been selected. Toffoli is 1 for 12 in shootouts, yet Green throws him out 3rd, and doesn't even send out Quinn.

If choices made continue to result in losses, heads will roll if the team falls out of playoff contention.

Amazing statistic.

Yet, they seemingly come out flat nearly half the time, which was an issue last year.

Unnecessary whataboutism.

flip side of the coin Blunt?

• Huggy Bear 1