The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Feb. 25, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

These games against non playoff teams are a must win while Markstrom is out.  Not going to get a lot of wins against good opponents if you let a weak team like Montreal get 40 shots.

Exactly! I'm most concerned about games like this. We don't have s problem getting up for the good teams because we need something to overcome and something to shoot for. Hopefully at the base of it all righr now they don't want to let Marky down ... because he'd be giving 150%.

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Still not a fan of the trade but Sticky Toffee is one hell of a fit with this team. 5 points in 3 games so far. Hopefully he'll keep up a good pace and his improved production can give him some extra initiative to stick around. 

Yaha because Madden... you know...

Madden...

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I would like to see MacEwen be a part of the overall team grit. But not from the press box. As Benning has said , the kid is ready.  Maybe he is not as good defensively as LE but he has WAY better hands. I don't think his defensive game is that far off and giving up 40 shots a night we will need to continue scoring a lot.

Opposing teams won't break out of their zone so easily if they are lying flat on their butts. Big Mac does that.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Still not a fan of the trade but Sticky Toffee is one hell of a fit with this team. 5 points in 3 games so far. Hopefully he'll keep up a good pace and his improved production can give him some extra initiative to stick around. 

Yes u are 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Yes. Madden. It's simultaneously amusing and frustrating how one of our top prospects suddenly becomes garbage after being moved out. 

May I argue that it is equally amusing, if not more so, to see the eighth highest Canucks prospect turned into a first line right winger?

To me, friend, this is pure humour.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2