The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

Of course it's Aquilini.  Making the playoffs = $$ in his pockets not shared with the league. 

I think that's the disagreement with Linden and Benning.  From what I understand, Linden wanted a patient long term (build through the draft) approach.   JB said it could be fast tracked.  Now he's here and Linden is gone.

To be fair...JB is right.  The team was on track (and still is) to make the playoffs. 

What’s JB do now, fire the coach?  Because it isn’t looking very good for making the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Was at the game. Sad. They look lost. Watched Green closely.  He hardly said a word.  Guy is so passive.

Tough to see such a promising season falling apart. I think at this point Green has cratered them.  

Miller toffoli Virt had good games.  Almost nobody else.  No team compete. No pack mentality.  Passive coaching.  Tough to see.

This 

I have been saying this all year 

he stands there like a deer in the headlights frozen in moment 

he dies not coach. Period. Makes zero in game adjustments. No communication with the players 

just stands there and smirks 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Green mentioned to have short term memory. I don't think that strategy is working. They aren't winning coach Green. That is an important factor. Am I the only one who doesn't see urgency form the coach? That is concerning.

It almost seems like he thinks he’s playing with house money.

Like well we’re a young team so this is all part of the process.

Sorry but you were in a great position only a couple weeks ago and your team has continually dropped games it should have gotten points out of. That’s on you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Don’t want to make the wildcard spot tho, Blue and Vegas will kill us.

Would have a better experience vs Oilers or Flames

I think we've had the Blues number so far this season. Assuming this team can stop the bleeding that wouldn't be a terrible matchup. Not interested in seeing McJesus and Draisaitl though. Lol.

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Just play well... Just play well. Best thing you can do is go out and play your best game. I didn't think we had any passengers. Go up and down our lineup, didn't have any players that weren't good tonight. This is why you gotta play these games at this time of the year. It'll be like this in playoffs, it'll be like this later in the playoffs. Things won't always go your way. Gotta handle it and regroup. Have to have a short memory. I like our follow-up game tonight to Columbus." - Green

Did this guy watch the game?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 6string said:

Yup he did have a real strong game ( took a while ) but Green should of gone to go Virtanen with the goalie pulled.

Percentages coaches go with veterans everytime!!

I thought that Virtanen was double shifted in the last 5 minutes of the game?  I know he wasn't out for the last minute but he looked pretty tired to me after he came off on the last shift.  

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I liked our game again tonight. And some people might not like me saying that, but man, that was a hockey game. Felt like a playoff game. I thought both teams played well. They got two lucky bounces and that's what it came down to. I'd imagine the guys are frustrated. I know as coaches we are. We've played three good hockey games in a row. That's the way hockey goes sometimes. This one will sting for awhile, but that's alright. Unfortunate we didn't win." - Green

I call bull, no way Green said that.....wait, just saw the source.......now I’m sad.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

All the doubters relax we’re still gonna make the playoffs. This tough stretch will make us better going into the playoffs. Securing a wildcard is still very do-able.

None of those teams fighting for wildcard scare me lol  

We have been getting beaten by those teams fighting for a playoff spot. They are probably the most dangerous/desperate teams right now and over the next few weeks. And so far, we've failed to matched their intensity and hustle.

How about those teams we will play against for the remaining games?  Other than LA and SJ, they scare the $&!# out of me.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

What’s JB do now, fire the coach?  Because it isn’t looking very good for making the playoffs.  

Probably not.  Excuse will be that they lost their starting (Vezina trophy candidate) goalie down the stretch. 

Pray for Marky speedy return.

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I think we've had the Blues number so far this season. Assuming this team can stop the bleeding that wouldn't be a terrible matchup. Not interested in seeing McJesus and Draisaitl though. Lol.

Not really. If I remember correctly, the Blues dominated us that one game. Odd man rushes every single play, we are lucky we survived that game. They won the cup for a reason.

There team would absolutely destroy Baum’s defensive strategy. Don’t see us winning one game against them tbh.

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Blues would eat us alive . 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

It almost seems like he thinks he’s playing with house money.

Like well we’re a young team so this is all part of the process.

Sorry but you were in a great position only a couple weeks ago and your team has continually dropped games it should have gotten points out of. That’s on you.

Yup doesn't matter if we "Played well" or had  "unlucky bounces". Good teams find ways to close out games and it's Green's job to tighten the team up and grind out at least a point. Really not liking the excuses.