The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Chicago Blackhawks WCQF Game 7 April 26, 2011 - Throwback Edition March 14, 2020 7PM PDT

Rate this topic

King Heffy

I remember buying vitamin water xxx for every game this series as some sort of superstition.

For this game, I don't quite remember why I wasn't watching the start game at home but was listening to it over the radio with my dad. Just remember passing toys r us on Broadway and hearing that Burr scored the first goal of the game, taking a huge gulp of that "vitamin" water.

To this day whenever I drink that (or even the sugar free version now that I try not to drink sugar lol)  it reminds me of the whole series. 

• -SN- featured and pinned this topic
1 hour ago, LeanBeef said:

I remember buying vitamin water xxx for every game this series as some sort of superstition.

For this game, I don't quite remember why I wasn't watching the start game at home but was listening to it over the radio with my dad. Just remember passing toys r us on Broadway and hearing that Burr scored the first goal of the game, taking a huge gulp of that "vitamin" water.

To this day whenever I drink that (or even the sugar free version now that I try not to drink sugar lol)  it reminds me of the whole series. 

Hahaha I remember choosing to listen to it on the radio too.  

I was by Burnaby Lake, smoking a joint in the parking lot and then enjoying the sun as Burr scored.  

I am studying at University. My first year. 

I won't be able to watch the game live and due technical problems I will have to wait for additional two days. 

Hope we will win. This team derseves it. 

Go Canucks Go! Let's go Lu! 

Edited by ItalianCanuck1

The game started at 2am local time, so I set my alarm and got up a few minutes before what I thought would be the start of the game. I miscalculated, I was one hour early. But I knew that if I went back to bed I wouldn't get up again, so I killed an hour until the game finally started.

It was intense. Despite the lagging, pixelated, ad-popping semi-legal stream on my tiny laptop screen I was sweating throughout. When Toews scored it was so deflating, it was dawning outside, I realized how tired I was and I was sure they would eventually lose. So I went back to bed before the intermission started.

The next morning I didn't dare open the website, but when I finally did I couldn't believe it. I was so sure they would be eliminated. I was more relief than joy, but that morning I watched the Burrows goal at least 8 times. And another 88 since.

• Cheers 1

Gotta say, this makes me sad. It's only been a few days and I already miss hockey badly. I was supposed to go to the Canucks-Jets game tomorrow. The Canucks were on the verge of making a run with Boeser coming back. These (Canucks-Blackhawks) were the good old days though, great memories. It was a great rivalry against the Hawks. I can see the rivalries with EDM and CGY resurrecting as well. I think if playoffs were to start today and they did it by %, the Canucks would face the Oilers in Round 1. Both teams would soon hate each other. That would be a great series.  Sorry, going off topic. 

I have tickets to this game. My friend and I pre drinking lost our tickets. I'm not sure if they fell out of pockets or we were pick pocketed but we lost our tickets.

We hit up an atm and spend way too much money and buy worse tickets from a scalper, it's ok, I'm not missing this game for the world.

Money well spent to witness the dragon slaying LIVE. Never losing tickets again.

there was a channel called GoCanucksGo, he put together this incredible highlight video of this game. This is a reupload by a different user since GoCanucksGo channel was taken down. This is probably the most intense highlight video i've ever seen. It's absolutely worth watching.