The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Nils Hoglander

Ok benning, time to add Tryamkin, podz and Pietrangelo!

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Toffoli 

Hoglander Gaudette Virtanen 

Roussell Beagle sutter

Macewan Ferland Motte Eriksson 

Hughes Pietrangelo 

Edler Myers 

Tryamkin Rafferty?

Benn

Then when podz is ready to come over Motte Sutter Pearson and hopefully eriksson will be gone.

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Podkolzin Horvat Toffoli 

Hoglander Gaudette Virtanen 

Ferkie Beagle Macewan 

This-doggo-just-cant-contain-the-zoomies.gif

17 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Will be interesting whether he chooses to come to play in Utica or chooses to stay in Sweden til he is NHL ready.

Hope he comes over to adjust to the NA style of game.  I feel his overall flash and skill along with an abrasive style will allow him to flourish despite his short stature.

Those who chooses to play in Utica their opportunities usually doesnt pan out well for them. 

Probably much smarter for the player to get some achievements on their belt in Sweden, some some bargaining chips when talking to the Canucks and go straight to NHL. 

I can see Hoglander getting a real long look at camp next year.  He is obviously gifted offensively, but plays well in his own end as well.  We are going to need a few low cost contracts next season to balance out our cap.  Macewan looks to be a lock to make the team based on Bennings comments, and I figure one of Lind or Hoglander will see some time as well.

7 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

math nerd!:bigblush:

Screenshot_20200501-011036_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200501-011046_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200501-011102_Samsung Internet.jpg

You have to be a bit more realistic with Toffoli's cap hit. He's a UFA in his prime, pretty damn good player, and he brings a winning resume with plenty of playoff experience to the table. I think his cap hit will be in the 6.75-7.5mill, and that's assuming the cap hit stays fixed for next year. Which would be fair, considering the TV deal will come through the following season.

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2020 at 2:03 AM, Pears said:

That sounds great and all but the salary cap is still a thing. 

And people think we aren't going to be trading any young forwards in the next couple years... :lol:

On 4/29/2020 at 10:55 PM, Coconuts said:

He's got legit high end skill and a motor, could even grow

Who knows 

he'll put on man weight as he gets older, he's only 19. He could push 200lbs by the time he's matured for sure, he'd be a little tank at 5'8" 200 lbs :lol: if he can stay strong and protect the puck AND keep his high end skills he'll be great around the net. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

how about trading some old ones first?

Older....Like Miller? :P

I'm talking top 6/top 9 here. Other than an already expiring Sutter and tradeable Roussel (whom you and I have already covered), we don't really have any 'old guys' to rid ourselves of.

The top 6/9 are simply not going to have room to keep all of Miller, Pettersson, Boeser, Pearson, Horvat, Toffoli, Gaudette, Virtanen, Hoglander, Podkolzin (never mind anyone else surprising there). Nor will we be able to keep all of them under the cap.

In the next year or two, one of those guys is getting moved for a D.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Older....Like Miller? :P

I'm talking top 6/top 9 here. Other than an already expiring Sutter and tradeable Roussel (whom you and I have already covered), we don't really have any 'old guys' to rid ourselves of.

The top 6/9 are simply not going to have room to keep all of Miller, Pettersson, Boeser, Pearson, Horvat, Toffoli, Gaudette, Virtanen, Hoglander, Podkolzin (never mind anyone else surprising there). Nor will we be able to keep all of them under the cap.

In the next year or two, one of those guys is getting moved for a D.

oh for sure, not really any other way around it. But who has excess dmen? it could be for picks as well, which is OK.

A compliance buyout is so needed to bail Jim out :lol: