The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Jets, Bubble Hockey Edition (Exhibition), July 29th @ 7:30pm PST, Sportsnet

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, 1-d said:

It's a sure bet our D will be exposed once again, against the Wild. It's up to Marky and the top 9 forwards to minimize the damage and find ways to get the puck past Dubnyk.

Our D will have to work hard on the boards.. Wild are very physical and relentless on the boards in the O zone.. 

Hughes and Stecher will have hard time due to their small size.. they'll need busy sticks and positionally sound play to be successful.

• Vintage 2

People got to remember it's an exhibition game. It really doesn't tell you much as a fan. For all we know all the teams had a mandate to play hard but not get hurt. Sunday will be another animal for sure.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 2

“I liked a lot of our game, really liked our start, felt like we played that fast and aggressive game we want to play. We got away from it for 8 minutes in the 2nd period; then had a pretty good push in the 3rd. I felt like it was pretty good for an exhibition game.” - Green

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Our D will have to work hard on the boards.. Wild are very physical and relentless on the boards in the O zone.. 

Hughes and Stecher will have hard time due to their small size.. they'll need busy sticks and positionally sound play to be successful.

Minnesota? And, cough, Boston.  

Set the standard on playing with small D. 

Have proved the busy sticks, and position play?

More importantly, getting, moving & controlling the puck is more useful than banging someone with it!

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Minnesota has a big team.  Sutter needs to hit the press box.  The bottom 6 I'm hoping should be:

Ferland   Gaudette   Virtanen

Roussel   Beagle      Motte

Always need a spare C in the lineup.

Even if I don't disagree with the sentiment?

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I just went with the lineup I thought gave us the best chance to win. Plain and simple." - Green on scratching Virtanen

yet you still lost eh greener thats funny maybe u should have a meeting withvets that show up and dont do their jobs  sutter being a fine example of  garbage vet performances 

Edited by canuktravella
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Good seeing OJ48...looked good, it Preseason warnup game tho, but definitely I see him on the future blue line next season.

Also Sutter I’m sure was taking this as a preseason don’t get injured game....I hope he turns up next game.

On to Sunday.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

And our forwards have to position themselves for puck support instead of watching the play. Minnie jumps on stuff like that. That and defensive pinches where our forwards have to be aware and rotate up to cover the point.

• Upvote 1