The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

19 minutes ago, trek said:

Lol I guess they forgot to spray the anti-ice on the cables of the PMB. Did mainroads prep highway 1 at all?

I thought they were going to connect the wires, and run heating wires on the cables? Probably too expensive. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I thought they were going to connect the wires, and run heating wires on the cables? 

No they have rings that drop down from the top of the cable to the bottom. But they don't automatically traverse back up; some poor sap has to go up each cable and reset them after they have all been deployed.

Just now, trek said:

No they have rings that drop down from the top of the cable to the bottom. But they don't automatically traverse back up; some poor sap has to go up each cable and reset them after they have all been deployed.

Can't even pay guys to run most of the weigh scales all the time. Unreal. 

Apropos of nothing, but I read an article today that said Atlantic Canada and parts of Quebec are expected to be warmer than Florida, over the Christmas holidays. Temps in the Maritimes of around 15 degrees C, while Orlando is looking at single digit minuses....

Snowbirds be like:

giphy-55 - Pursuit

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Apropos of nothing, but I read an article today that said Atlantic Canada and parts of Quebec are expected to be warmer than Florida, over the Christmas holidays. Temps in the Maritimes of around 15 degrees C, while Orlando is looking at single digit minuses....

Snowbirds be like:

giphy-55 - Pursuit

At least they're not looking to launch a space shuttle from there then. RIP Challenger.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

...and then, from the article...

By the following week, he said, the vortex may also be gripping the three westernmost provinces, bringing overnight temperatures as low as -30 C.

I doubt that hits Lower Mainland BC. It’ll probably hit the Interior and Northern BC. 

But yes, Winter Is Coming. 

5 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I doubt that hits Lower Mainland BC. It’ll probably hit the Interior and Northern BC. 

But yes, Winter Is Coming. 

If it goes below -5 here on the Island I wont be too happy. Otherwise, we could do with a cold snap. Seems like it's been a bit too wet and warm.

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

If it goes below -5 here on the Island I wont be too happy. Otherwise, we could do with a cold snap. Seems like it's been a bit too wet and warm.

-5 doesn’t occur too often out that way does it? 

Maybe a solid dump of snow for a week or so will keep the Covidiots home and help flatten the curve. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

-5 doesn’t occur too often out that way does it? 

Maybe a solid dump of snow for a week or so will keep the Covidiots home and help flatten the curve. 

No, not too often. I just meant that's the temp that I start to moan about it. I work outside a lot. So, snow is welcome cause I'll have time off. If its just cold as balls, then I'm grumpy.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1