The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

Mods delete if not allowed @Monty @debluvscanucks 

Only chains work on ice that’s thinly veiled in snow.  It’s not people’s tires; it’s the government not keeping the highways cleared (and even better) properly prepared for the cold and snow.  

Edited by debluvscanucks
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Only chains work on ice that’s thinly veiled in snow.  It’s not people’s tires; it’s the government not keeping the highways cleared (and even better) properly prepared for the cold and snow.  

Metro Vancouver in the snow reminds me like that spongebob episode where they ask him for his name and he has a freak out.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Unless your a doctor or something of that nature..

what the hell kind of occupation do you have where you can't work from home and is an absolute necessity you need to be there. 

When you get a snow day - you take it. 

um i do snow removal

(well it is one of the tasks i do)

• Cheers 1

The City needs to increase their plow fleet and salt trucks. Hell we have beaches why doesn't the city use sand on the streets? Every year it's the same story how we are told the snow is coming and every year the city is so poorly prepared for it. Our Taxes are sure going to work to ensure that our roads and side streets are taken care of. I hear the same story of ”but it only happens once a year” and we always act like the city is shut down. This is still Canada and we are not immune to winter conditions.

I made it in today but with the snow coming down now I might have regretted that. Walked all the way from little mountain area to #6 road breaking trail, I believe I'll be breaking trail once again going home.

13 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

I haven’t had a mail delivery since last Thursday.....and haven’t seen a thing on media from Canada Post.

I work the mailroom at a Telus building in Burnaby. Canada Post called us this morning to let us know they shut down for the day (FedEx did the same). It's brutal out there for couriers.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

I haven’t had a mail delivery since last Thursday.....and haven’t seen a thing on media from Canada Post.

If Canada Post doesn’t deliver in this weather, then how do Canadians who get this all winter get their mail?  

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

If Canada Post doesn’t deliver in this weather, then how do Canadians who get this all winter get their mail?  

They come....got my mail today, and yesterday and every day since December 1st.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Vancouverites are pansies in the snow....just like how I can't drive in the rain.

7 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Makes you wonder where your tax dollars are going. Not a single street around here has been salted and it's very difficult to tell which have been plowed. My mum works for the school - the whole main section of the road is untouched by any plow. 

All the roads where I am are done by homeowner tractors/ATVs/mowers, we have 0 faith in the city coming by until after it warms up and rain moves 90% of it away.