The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I am disappoint....

Dany has the battle won and goes full Mad Queen....<_<

I knew she'd go full on Mad Queen.  They've shown that is her tendency throughout the series. She's going to get hers. Arya will see to it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I knew she'd go full on Mad Queen.  They've shown that is her tendency throughout the series. She's going to get hers. Arya will see to it. 

For some reason i see her just running straight to gengri next episode. 

Season 8 has been horrendous. That was terrible writing once again.. ! The last and only dragon all of a sudden can single handedly defeat a whole city and it's defences... She wrecks a whole fleet but just days ? weeks ? earlier she ran from 25 ships ???? Don't get me started on the big dude who doesn't die.... 

Edited by kurtis
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Got a feeling Cersei bites the dust tonight. 

Most important thing to her now and in the past? Her children. 

What is she now? Pregnant. 

What is it today? Mother's day. 

Sets up a finale episode between Euron avenging his dead child, Jon, Dany, and Sansa as a surprise entrant into the royal rumble. 

I called part of it.

Duuuuuuude that was intense. 

Not happy with how Cersei and Jamie end (c'mon, the "most bada*s woman who ruled the 7 kingdoms" is going to be that vulnerable and sad and emotional?) but so glad to see it. 

Arya is going to be fighting with guilt now - she's dangerous. 

48 minutes ago, kurtis said:

Season 8 has been horrendous. That was terrible writing once again.. ! The last and only dragon all of a sudden can single handedly defeat a whole city and it's defences... She wrecks a whole fleet but just days ? weeks ? earlier she ran from 25 ships ???? Don't get me started on the big dude who doesn't die.... 

This time she and her dragon knew what to expect. With having 2 weeks to think, she likely was able to figure out how long it takes them to reload each time, and also the most efficient way to get out of the way of those arrows once they're launched as they can only be shot in a straight line. 

The mountain doesn't die because he's a zombie? whatever they call it. He was brought back from the dead by the hand. 

I thought the suicide-murder was a very fitting end for the hound, launching him and his brother into fire (his biggest fear), and glad to see Arya let him hear his real name one last time. 

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I thought the suicide-murder was a very fitting end for the hound, launching him and his brother into fire (his biggest fear), and glad to see Arya let him hear his real name one last time. 

Best moment of the episode for me. 

I do think the ending in the books is going to be way better. Hopefully he includes some of the cool theories that are out there. It seems like the show runners of GoT now have completely avoided anything to do with the history and are just focusing on Dany vs Jon. 

What a waste of building up 3 eyed raven and Bran for it to mean literally nothing 

My initial reaction towards the episode is that I liked it... relative to the rest of the series thus far. The mountain killing Maester Qyburn was hilarious. I was wondering how he was going to die. I thought the Clegane bowl was pretty good although the knife through the skull should have ended the mountain, him starting to pull that out was too much imo. It ended in a fitting way though. I thought the scenes through the city streets were pretty well done for the most part, although Arya got out of a few too many crumbling walls but that's theater I suppose.

I did like the charred mother and daughter at the end; it was very reminiscent of the famous photo of the mother and child found in a very similar state at Pompeii. I am sure that was purposeful on the part of the directors.

I wish Cersei's death was more satisfying but not everyone can die by a sword's edge. Speaking of.. I'm happy Jamie killed Euron.

Moving forward it is fairly obvious it is up to Arya to finish off Daenarys.. Although I suspect it may cost Arya her life; in the moment I think she will know this and do it anyway to save Jon the trouble of killing his love. That's my prediction anyway.

The real question is what is to become of Drogon and Tyrion. We still don't know what the favor Tyrion asked of Davos or if we do I missed it.

9 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I do think the ending in the books is going to be way better. Hopefully he includes some of the cool theories that are out there. It seems like the show runners of GoT now have completely avoided anything to do with the history and are just focusing on Dany vs Jon. 

What a waste of building up 3 eyed raven and Bran for it to mean literally nothing 

Dany prepares to execute Tyrion with Dragon....but the Dragon takes off it’s mask and it’s Arya!  Arya then takes out Dany.  I kid you not!

49 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

The only thing that would have made the Arya scene cornier is if she woke up with half her face burned.

A bunch of character arcs were wasted in this episode.

I was half expecting that though thankfully it didn't happen.

As for the second point.. I'm not sure I agree. Which ones? If every single character ends up dying in a "fitting" fashion don't you think that kind of takes away from the show? A little too story book so to speak? That's what originally made GOT so great, the ruthless killings regardless of arcs or trajectory.

That being said, I thought the Clegane bowl was fitting, the Lannisters I was meh on but there were poetic aspects to it - Jamie and Cersei dying together in eachothers arms, truly in love with eachother, Cersei's harda$$ persona fully crumbled along with her city which ends up crumbling on her both physically and metaphorically. And Jamie killing Euron on his way to try to save Cersei. Also Varys getting burned for the good of the realm was perfect for his arc. He protected the realm to the bitter end and burned alive for it - although I would have liked to physically see that and have him have an opportunity to say his 'last words'.  Come to think of it there may have been a few too many 'fitting' deaths.

9 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

What was the meaning of the white Pegasus type horse? Thought it was a weird (and drawn out) way to end an intense episode. Not sure if I'm missing anything from the books or from an earlier season. 

In the books a disease takes over the slavers army outside Merene and it's called 'the pale mare'.  I think it's just to symbolize death.....that is now coming for Dany 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I was half expecting that though thankfully it didn't happen.

As for the second point.. I'm not sure I agree. Which ones? If every single character ends up dying in a "fitting" fashion don't you think that kind of takes away from the show? A little too story book so to speak? That's what originally made GOT so great, the ruthless killings regardless of arcs or trajectory.

That being said, I thought the Clegane bowl was fitting, the Lannisters I was meh on but there were poetic aspects to it - Jamie and Cersei dying together in eachothers arms, truly in love with eachother, Cersei's harda$$ persona fully crumbled along with her city which ends up crumbling on her both physically and metaphorically. And Jamie killing Euron on his way to try to save Cersei. Also Varys getting burned for the good of the realm was perfect for his arc. He protected the realm to the bitter end and burned alive for it - although I would have liked to physically see that and have him have an opportunity to say his 'last words'.  Come to think of it there may have been a few too many 'fitting' deaths.

Bronn. What was the purpose of setting him up as an assassin if Cersei and Jaime just died together?

Jaime. His whole 7 season arc had his moral compass flipped on its head, then it gets thrown out the window for 'poetic' death with Cersei? LOL.

Dany. Sure, she can turn into the mad queen for all I care. But the reasoning behind doing so was not fleshed out at all in the show. It was such a leap in logic from the few uncomfortable 'I don't fit in' scenes she had, to completely burning a town of innocents (all while not even trying to go after Cersei mind you).

Varys and Tyrion. Initially intelligent and cautious individuals become blithering idiots by the shows end.

The Dragons. A decent sized boulder defended Jon from dragon fire and now that $&!# just blows up buildings on command? Not to mention Drogon's evasiveness stat must be +100 compared to Rhaegal.

The Golden Company. ... why even bother showing up?

59 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Dany. Sure, she can turn into the mad queen for all I care. But the reasoning behind doing so was not fleshed out at all in the show. It was such a leap in logic from the few uncomfortable 'I don't fit in' scenes she had, to completely burning a town of innocents (all while not even trying to go after Cersei mind you).

She burnt them all because all they have ever done is prop up tyrants.

7 hours ago, kurtis said:

watch the entire series again, you'll see these plot devices throughout the entire series. gots is great entertainment, but the entire show is hinged on 3423832045 coincidences