The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

9 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Cersei's stupidity and shortsightedness is fall too under played in the show. Her ineptitude is on full display in the books...plus she has some good girl on girl scenes that wouldn't have hurt ratings I'm sure....

Damn, all the more reason I wish the role went to Charlize Theron.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:21 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

I wonder if it was to keep Jon away from the NK? If Jon had managed to get closer he would have &^@#ed the whole thing up. Maybe he entered the dragon to keep Jon occupied. 

No, the writing just sucked this episode. John yelling at the Dragon probably made GRRM throw up in his mouth when he watched it. 

It it really is strange cause the episode before this I thought was quite good. Episode 3 was fan service poop. 

7 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

No, the writing just sucked this episode. John yelling at the Dragon probably made GRRM throw up in his mouth when he watched it. 

It it really is strange cause the episode before this I thought was quite good. Episode 3 was fan service poop. 

Yeah, that latest episode undercut a lot of what was so great about episode 2. 

I think GRRM has been done with the show and their horrendous writing since season 7. He's on the record saying he didn't have the time to watch season 7 - that says a lot. 

On 4/30/2019 at 4:22 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Not only does the Night King smile, he likes the occasional cold one...(pun intended)

image.png.2da7b9f165260bdb82f7bb4c17c51808.png

Arya though... 

Cersei is meat

Probably the Mountain That Rides as well

My cash is on Arya... that scrap scene of hers was better than the Red Vipers, IMO

Absolutely lethal

Question; who wins in a cage match. Arya fricken Stark? Captain Marvel? Thanos? Or Vader? 

2 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Arya though... 

Cersei is meat

Probably the Mountain That Rides as well

My cash is on Arya... that scrap scene of hers was better than the Red Vipers, IMO

Absolutely lethal

Question; who wins in a cage match. Arya fricken Stark? Captain Marvel? Thanos? Or Vader? 

Thanos by a mile. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

No less dumb than hiding in a crypt when you have an enemy that can raise the dead.  It's like giving your cat to Alf to babysit.  Unless the Starks have a cremation policy.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

No less dumb than hiding in a crypt when you have an enemy that can raise the dead.  It's like giving your cat to Alf to babysit.  Unless the Starks have a cremation policy.

They don't. The danger of hiding in the crypt was something that was brought up before the episode by an extremely intelligent poster, who shall remain nameless B)

I think what the show writers missed however, is other than Lyanna, Ned and Rickon, (if they recovered his body after the BotB) all of the dead Starks should have been nothing but dust (and maybe the odd bone here and there)...

I personally didn't like it. A couple of golden moments like giantsbane being sad about losing Brienne to Jamie, Ghost getting a happy ending to go live in the cold North, and Gendry being made a lord. However:

1. How did Dany 500 feet flying above the water not see Euron and his fleet? There's no way she wouldn't have spotted 10 ships behind a rock. The dagger to the dragon should not have been a surprise 

2. If Cersei was as ruthless and bada*s as she's supposed to be, she would've killed Dany who was standing 100 yards away from her with no protection or army, and with 100 arrows pointed at her. It would've been the quickest and easiest death Cersei could have asked for Dany. Makes no sense showing her mercy.

3. Why not add a couple extra minutes to the episode and show Sansa and Arya's reactions to just finding out life changing news that their brother isn't actually their brother but a freaking Targaeryan .. 

4. The ending. So they mentioned in the episode that it'll take 2 weeks for Jon and the rest of the army to get down to Kings Landing. The episode ends with Dany turning her unprotected back to 100 arrows and walking away. So are we just to assume Cersei made no attempt on her biggest enemy and 2 weeks just went by? Or will next episode show Jon's adventures travelling south?

HBO definitely prioritized profits over good story telling.

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

Don't really that as such a big twist like it was made out to be.  

Psycho Dany needs to die.  All Hail Aegon Targaryen 6th of his name.  Hopefully Varys makes it happen.  

lol. "Psycho" Dany has been righteous, loyal and courageous throughout the series. That's not gonna change. Can't wait to see her take her place on the iron throne. Poor John is nothing but a loving bumbler. He'll do well to go join his dog with the Wildlings at the end of the series.

17 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I personally didn't like it. A couple of golden moments like giantsbane being sad about losing Brienne to Jamie, Ghost getting a happy ending to go live in the cold North, and Gendry being made a lord. However:

1. How did Dany 500 feet flying above the water not see Euron and his fleet? There's no way she wouldn't have spotted 10 ships behind a rock. The dagger to the dragon should not have been a surprise 

2. If Cersei was as ruthless and bada*s as she's supposed to be, she would've killed Dany who was standing 100 yards away from her with no protection or army, and with 100 arrows pointed at her. It would've been the quickest and easiest death Cersei could have asked for Dany. Makes no sense showing her mercy.

3. Why not add a couple extra minutes to the episode and show Sansa and Arya's reactions to just finding out life changing news that their brother isn't actually their brother but a freaking Targaeryan .. 

4. The ending. So they mentioned in the episode that it'll take 2 weeks for Jon and the rest of the army to get down to Kings Landing. The episode ends with Dany turning her unprotected back to 100 arrows and walking away. So are we just to assume Cersei made no attempt on her biggest enemy and 2 weeks just went by? Or will next episode show Jon's adventures travelling south?

HBO definitely prioritized profits over good story telling.

I assumed Dany was out of range just as Cersei would have been out of range. I'd guess the unsullied could have thrown up a shield defense anyway. That didn't bother me. Agreed on the dragon thing. Not showing the family reaction may be to provide a future plot twist.

Edited by Miler

I knew something was afoot with Daenarys flying her dragons over the sea approaching the iron islands with the triumphant soundtrack in the background. Just as I thought to myself "a dragon is going to die here" the arrow pierced Rhaegal and down he went. They did a good job on the death scenes of both Missandei and Rhaegal. I thought Cersei was going to fill Tyrion with arrows and/OR Tyrion was going to tell everyone listening that Jon Snow was Aegon Targaeryon.

But as mentioned above, how did she not see them. If the projectile can hit the dragon, the dragon can see the ships, especially from a few hundred feet in the air. Not to mention that the Iron Islands have sworn allegiance to Dany - How did they not notice the Iron Fleet and sound the alarm as they approached. And all of what, 20 unsullied, Tyrion and Varys made the beach?

There were some lazy aspects to that episode but all in all I liked it. Dany has to attack the King's Landing dragon defence ballistas on the wall under the cover of night. That's my strategy. Also, Varys has to use his 'little birdies' to plant the Aegon seed throughout the realm.