The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Heat Wave?

tapeboy

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So this is what face (expletive deleted)ing a forest fire feels like. 

I was just thinking today:  can you imagine weather like this when there's also smoke in the air from forest fires like we've had recently a couple of times?

I don't blame you for not imagining it - it's not really a very pleasant thought.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, gurn said:
I'm not worried about breaking records, I'm concerned with melting them:

A typical vinyl record can start warping due to heat at a temperature of 140°F (60°C) and can melt at temperatures exceeding 212°F (100°C). Other factors, such as humidity, sunlight exposure, and improper storage, can drastically impact the resilience of a record.

I’m worried about the kitchen compost in my house that I forgot to empty a couple days ago before leaving for a 10 day vacation. That thing’s gotta be getting pretty ripe by now. :( :sick: :sadno:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

I hope this is just a glitch in the 14 day forecast:

6A602C1A-FA3D-44D3-86E3-E0601DAE82FB.jpeg.41f509e5737825c49ea1a450d64b6bc0.jpeg

Look at that low for Monday, July 12th.

Zero ****ing degrees?

Can you imagine if this record setting heat wave is followed by a record setting summer cold snap?

I mean, I’m sure most of BC would love an ice cold freezing night right now, but that would be some extreme weather. 

Gotta be a mistake, right?

Right? :huh:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Zero ****ing degrees?

Can you imagine if this record setting heat wave is followed by a record setting summer cold snap?

I mean, I’m sure most of BC would love an ice cold freezing night right now, but that would be some extreme weather. 

But there is absolutely no proof that our pollution, deforestation and destruction of the environment is leading to climate change.....

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Zero ****ing degrees?

A mistake, undoubtedly.

As a long time follower of meteorological matters, there is pretty much ZERO ACCURACY in a 14 day extended forecast. Anything beyond 5 days is starting to get into guess-work territory.

If it rains of July 8th or freezes during the night on July 12th I’ll gladly take the loss on this.

27 minutes ago, gurn said:

Schools are still open, if they call me for work, they will get turned down. I've had heat stroke once, I will never get it again.

9 am call, First time I've turned down work at the new job, today and tommorrow.

Now 30 celsius.

26 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Don't ring the doorbell, and hope your electrical cords aren't frayed... :frantic:

(Ripe compost - giving natural gas a whole new meaning)

Thankfully, my wife is a genius. She booked the maid service to come in and clean the house while we’re away, so that festering kitchen bin should be handled. I feel bad for them though. Going into a boiling house full of hot compost aroma can’t be fun. :(  I think I’ll e-transfer an extra tip today.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I've decided I can't keep 2 rooms cool with my pair of portable air conditioners, so will consolidate and hibernate in my bedroom.

Couple of books and an old TRS computer chess board should keep me somewhat sane.

• Cheers 1