The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexandre Grenier | RW

b3.

Umm, Alf, that's exactly what I was saying. You might want to check your reading skills there pal.

edit: okay, looks like that comment applies to me also- I'm just not used to agreeing with you!

I was agreeing with you and backing you up. The guy I was talking about was the person you were addressing. Apologies, maybe I didn't make it clear enough.

Ah I just read your second line. Why do people keep saying they don't usually agree with me, I'm getting a complex :)

i don't mean specifically a mancari-style player. i mean an ahl star and nhl bust.

and it's purely gut feeling, based on no actual analysis.

Fair enough tas but I still think at 23 he is showing a lot of promise for the NHL. We keep on harping on about the Detroit model on here and I think Grenier could well be a slow bloomer but worth the wait.

like a vey type player

Vey is fast approaching 100 NHL GP and is likely to have a Mason Raymond-esque career. Small'ish, decent but not great, middle 6 "tweener" forward who will get you 30-40 points in his prime. A good but unspectacular, complimentary, role player.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Anybody on this board would kill to have that career.

Why do people keep saying they don't usually agree with me, I'm getting a complex :)

Probably because along with your condescending attitude you really destroyed yourself joining in with the deranged Kassian hate-club, then tried to deny your participation and back your way out of it after he embarrassed the lot of you.

Two point game for Grenier on the 14th, now 3G, 6A in 10 games; tied for the goal lead and second overall on the team. If he is trying to show he's worth a look next year, well 2 game winners in the playoffs and almost a point-per-game pace should at the very least have him under pretty tight scrutiny. Looking good, dude!

Probably because along with your condescending attitude you really destroyed yourself joining in with the deranged Kassian hate-club, then tried to deny your participation and back your way out of it after he embarrassed the lot of you.

TIL.

Oh the irony.

By the way the question was rhetorical humour because I actually don't GAF and that goes double for your opinion.

Oh the irony.

By the way the question was rhetorical humour because I actually don't GAF and that goes double for your opinion.

Played yourself, and unlike some (like LaBamba) you couldn't man-up and admit it but tried to revise history. Maybe your reputation will heal over time, if you learned your lesson.

[quote name="J.R." post="12782158" timestampVey is fast approaching 100 NHL GP and is likely to have a Mason Raymond-esque career. Small'ish, decent but not great, middle 6 "tweener" forward who will get you 30-40 points in his prime. A good but unspectacular, complimentary, role player.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Anybody on this board would kill to have that career.

Overall was one of Utica's most impressive players. Baertschi and Grenier were the best players for Utica by far and seem to have some chemistry with each other. I think that O'reilly is what is stopping that line from producing crazy offensive numbers, sure O'reilly was probably one of Utica's best players during the season but he seems to like to pass more than shot, even if the pass isn't there. I think if McCann (with a couple of year of development) was on that line it would an extremely dangerous offensive line.

It was only one game but he different made an impression on me and i think we could be a good 3rd liner in the not so distance future

I'd love to see Grenier get a proper shot with the Canucks at some stage, he may be next year's Ronalds Kenins. Big, physical, energetic-type player and he's coming alive in this playoffs, scoring at almost a point-per-game. Who knows, he may surprise some people next training camp and snag a 4th line winger spot. Will be hard pressed to beat-out Dorsett, Kassian, Burrows etc. but you never know, Kenins was never expected to be a Canuck either.

Grenier has been a major surprise this year..thats why he was drafted..he was such an enticing package..size..speed and decent skills..he was a work in progress..well this year he blossomed..I hope the Canucks dont fritter this away and he gets a legitimate shot next season.

I'd love to see Grenier get a proper shot with the Canucks at some stage, he may be next year's Ronalds Kenins. Big, physical, energetic-type player and he's coming alive in this playoffs, scoring at almost a point-per-game. Who knows, he may surprise some people next training camp and snag a 4th line winger spot. Will be hard pressed to beat-out Dorsett, Kassian, Burrows etc. but you never know, Kenins was never expected to be a Canuck either.

I would love for Grenier to come in as a bottom 6 guy and help us transition from the one of the older vets we've had there..youth fresh energy...maybe help shed some cap space.

Grenier has been a major surprise this year..thats why he was drafted..he was such an enticing package..size..speed and decent skills..he was a work in progress..well this year he blossomed..I hope the Canucks dont fritter this away and he gets a legitimate shot next season.

Agree that Grenier has made a lot of progress and looks good. In watching the winning goal last night for Utica I noticed how big he looked relative to the other guys on the ice. Elite Prospects has him at 6-4 and 209 lbs.

But it would not surprise me to see him as a part of trade to acquire draft picks as the Canucks now have a log jam of young bottom 6 wingers.

Is he waiver exempt next year? According to my calculations I think he is but I am not certain.

Archived