The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

I would normally be criticizing Hansen, but I'd have to say he has arguably been one of the most dangerous Canucks the past dozen games. That's more of a statement about the team than it is about Hansen's play. This team is far from the elite group that we had when this thread started. He's not my favourite Canuck, but I hope he is back to his normal self and can help the team start to get more wins.

No finish? What a bone headed comment. He has 8 goals and tied for 2nd on our team with Bonino.

Bonino has 70 shots and 8 goals

Hansen has 47 shots and 8 goals with considerably less ice time

What a bone headed comment. Oh and he has 3 shorthanded points. They came vs Montreal, Pitts, and Edmonton. Two of which are playoff teams.

Only Vey has a better shooting percentage than Hansen and that because of power play time. Not taking anything away from Vey... But Hansen has no finish? Yes he misses breakaways, but his speed creates those breakaways. I'll take the 17% shooting percentage all day, any day.

LOL, I guess Apollo still has some fight in him. :P

I would normally be criticizing Hansen, but I'd have to say he has arguably been one of the most dangerous Canucks the past dozen games. That's more of a statement about the team than it is about Hansen's play. This team is far from the elite group that we had when this thread started. He's not my favourite Canuck, but I hope he is back to his normal self and can help the team start to get more wins

Uh, you started this thread in 2011 - Hansen scored 16 goals and 23 assists that season, was +18, has a +16 takeaway differential, 118 hits, and did that with less than 15 minutes of third line minutes a night, a portion of them shorthanded, as he was the team's second leading forward on the pk after Malhotra. He produced 39 points in that context, while getting only 40.4% offensive zone starts (and has a corsi on of +1.72). 1.97pp60.

He was a 1.35 million cap hit.

One of the dollar for dollar best deals in the NHL.

No finish? What a bone headed comment. He has 8 goals and tied for 2nd on our team with Bonino.

Bonino has 70 shots and 8 goals

Hansen has 47 shots and 8 goals with considerably less ice time

What a bone headed comment. Oh and he has 3 shorthanded points. They came vs Montreal, Pitts, and Edmonton. Two of which are playoff teams.

Only Vey has a better shooting percentage than Hansen and that because of power play time. Not taking anything away from Vey... But

Hansen has no finish? Yes he misses breakaways, but his speed creates those breakaways. I'll take the 17% shooting percentage all day, any day.

Yes he has NO FINISH. 68 goals in the last 8 "seasons" and 5 goals in five playoff years. Which means he has already reached his norm.

Many of these seasons were on the 3rd line, some on the 2nd and a few on the first. The success he has had so far this season has been mainly on the 4th (read my post)

Actually we don't even need stats, I have been watching Hansen for years blast the puck at the goalie's jersey, the guy is NOT a finisher and belongs on the 4th where anything we get there is a bonus.

• 4 weeks later...

Warhippy, I created this thread years ago when the Canucks were an elite team, and including a player like Hansen in the line-up meant scratching someone like Cody Hodgson. Back then, to me, Hansen was the odd man out. I've been vocal in the fact that Hansen hasn't been my favourite player on the roster, and he can be extremely frustrating at times.

This year, from about week 4 onwards, he has played well, and is certainly deserving to be on a third or fourth line. I still wouldn't mind seeing him traded (if that's even possible), but the fact is that the Canucks are so depleted of talent these days, that Hansen is one of the more effective players on this year's roster. I cheer when he scores, but I certainly don't regret my reasons for creating this thread.

Warhippy, I created this thread years ago when the Canucks were an elite team, and including a player like Hansen in the line-up meant scratching someone like Cody Hodgson. Back then, to me, Hansen was the odd man out. I've been vocal in the fact that Hansen hasn't been my favourite player on the roster, and he can be extremely frustrating at times.

This year, from about week 4 onwards, he has played well, and is certainly deserving to be on a third or fourth line. I still wouldn't mind seeing him traded (if that's even possible), but the fact is that the Canucks are so depleted of talent these days, that Hansen is one of the more effective players on this year's roster. I cheer when he scores, but I certainly don't regret my reasons for creating this thread.

This is in regards to the ridiculous amounts of I hate Hansen posts from earlier this season.

Someone posted an I love Hansen thread so as a counter point I bumped this one.

I don't think his trade value could be any higher than it is right now. Teams would pay for this type of fore checking in the playoffs.

hmm, makes yah think doesnt it, he could probably fetch a prettty decent d propsect

• 1 month later...

I respect Jannik Hansen in that he's a hard working player. His passion is usually pretty evident, and he has wheels.

But I get so frustrated seeing his offensive inabilities... those hands of stone, which neutralizes an otherwise potentially exciting third line with Cody Hodgson and Manny Malhotra.

I know Hansen will always have his fans and followers because he has a low cap hit and high work ethic, but I'd argue that if the Canucks want to continue to be considered an elite team, they need to re-evaluate his worth. He's a plugger, and on most mediocre teams he fits the bill, but upon Raymond's return, Hansen is one of those guys who I'd omit from the lineup before Hodgson or anyone else.

You might suggest that Hansen provides that hard forchecking or sandpaper edge the Canucks lack, but he's not a true 'Raffi Torres' type, and we have a whole fourth line dedicated to the bumping and bruising. A line of Hodgson, Malhotra, and Raymond really interests me, and I think would give the Canucks the extra bit of offense they need in order to score first and win some games.

minus 89 people. Verging on "Clutch" status.

Go Slegr go!

Totally agree with Chauncey. Hansen is just brutal out there, a shell of his mediocre self. He's getting top line minutes the past few games with the Sedins, and is only helping to neutralize them. You can see the Sedins trying their best to work with what they have out there, but he messes up so many quality chances. Against Edmonton, they sent a perfect pass up to him for a breakaway, and he fumbles the pass off his skate.

lol slegr

What is he being paid for? He doesn't hit ANYONE anymore with that shoulder that pops out with every little bump. He doesn't fight, because he broke his hand once doing it. He doesn't score because he has hands of stone. But boy... he sure can kill penalties as good as any AHLer.

nice - but sad

Archived