The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

Are you drunk again Babych? Getting frills bumping year old threads in your mom's basement?

Hansen is playing a lot better, but he does go for stink runs, like it or not. Let's not forget why our starting goalie is MIA.

Are you drunk again Babych? Getting frills bumping year old threads in your mom's basement?

Hansen is playing a lot better, but he does go for stink runs, like it or not. Let's not forget why our starting goalie is MIA.

Yes. No. Maybe. Low Blow.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread was more enjoyable when the Hansen puck bunnies came to his rescue, and they'd continue to act like I was crazy.

To me, the Hansen signing really was MG's own writing on the wall. A partial NTC and multi year raise to a third/forth liner??

babych and Amish! I thought you two totally disappeared. Where were you the past 8 months???? Ohhh right, Hansen finally started contributing the past few games. Got it. Well, you already KNOW what I'll say, 'Trade him while he's hot!!'

Oh, wait. We can't trade him willy-nilly, his contract won't allow it. Let's hope he keeps his confidence then.

Good game tonight, no?

• 2 months later...

The core is being traded away, slowly but surely.

If Hansen didn't have a limited NTC, he'd probably be gone already.

Do what you have to, Benning, and don't let the old driftwood stick around. This will be one move that is long overdue.

The core is being traded away, slowly but surely.

If Hansen didn't have a limited NTC, he'd probably be gone already.

Do what you have to, Benning, and don't let the old driftwood stick around. This will be one move that is long overdue.

It would be foolish to let go of Hansen this year as there are no prospects that can play as well as him at the moment. He is also the kind of player that is very helpful on a line with a rookie as they usually struggle with the d side of the game (that's why he was with Kenins and Horvat last season.)

I don't know why you have such a problem with a hard working, penalty killing, fast skating, fantastic back checker, who will put up 35points a year playing on the 3rd or 4th line. All for 2.5m cap. :sadno:

I don't see him leaving until there's a young player that can adequately replace him.

It would be foolish to let go of Hansen this year as there are no prospects that can play as well as him at the moment. He is also the kind of player that is very helpful on a line with a rookie as they usually struggle with the d side of the game (that's why he was with Kenins and Horvat last season.)

I don't know why you have such a problem with a hard working, penalty killing, fast skating, fantastic back checker, who will put up 35points a year playing on the 3rd or 4th line. All for 2.5m cap. :sadno:

I don't see him leaving until there's a young player that can adequately replace him.

I agree that no-one in the Canucks system right now would be as good as Hansen at 3RW. And he and Horvat showed good chemistry last year. I could see them as one of three PK combos this year. (Bonino, Prust,and Higgy will probably also play PK. Not sure who the 6th guy will be.)

If the Canucks trade Hansen for a pick it is a sure sign they are actually trying to tank next season.

If Hansen gets traded, we will be the slowest team in the league. I do not see many fast skaters on this team, or players who compete as hard as he does. If he can't score, at least he is a threat with his speed, and I love the chemistry he had with Horvat on the 3rd line.

• 3 months later...

The evolution of Hansen on the Canucks is quite an interesting chapter. I used to want him gone when this team was elite, when he was taking up a roster spot over guys with more potential. Eventually, he signed a more expensive contract (for a third / fourth liner), earned a conditional no trade clause, and was leaned on more heavily with some disappointing / sub par seasons. A growing number of fans have called for him to be traded in recent years in hopes of seeing an overhaul of the 'old stale core'. Nowadays, on a team that is leaning towards more of a grinding / rebuilding style, I think he seems to fit in fine. I have no doubt Benning has tried trading him to the few teams on Hansen's trade list, but I actually don't mind that Hansen has stuck around. It's almost unheard of for a third liner to have the lasting power on one team that we've seen with him. He'll probably score around 15 goals. He won't fight, or throw too many bone-crushing hits. But he's a pest, speedy, and if you don't expect much from him, he might just surprise you occasionally with those hands-of-stone.

Nah, Hansen's a good player to have around. You need to have rocks while you're rebuilding, and Hansen seems to be a good player to break young players in with. He's pretty consistent, doesn't cost a lot, can play anywhere in the lineup, gives it his all every shift, and doesn't seem to have much of an ego at all.

I wish people would realize that we don't need to get rid of every single veteran we have. I really think we should keep Hansen around until either his play diminishes significantly, or he wants to move on.

Archived