The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

Oh boy, I know Jannik Hansen isn't as popular among fans as he used to be (one simply needs to read through this 22 page thread to see that), but yikes, he looks in mid-season-terrible-form this pre-season. With all the new blood on this team, I hope the team finds a way to keep this guy out of our line-up. Darn that Gillis.. Hansen should have been traded when his value was up rather than given a multi-year, multi-million-dollar no-trade-clause contract.

He seems like the perfect Benning/WD type guy. Good pressure, hard forecheck, lots of energy.

That is "if" he shows it again, he fell off the map last year. I think he is one guy who has his job in jeopardy if a young guy makes it. He had better show in pre-season that he knows that.

With Lack showcasing himself so far, his trade value goes up. A Lack, Hansen package is pretty attractive to a team like Winnipeg (even if not [arts of a package in a Kane trade, I am sure we could get assets back).

If Shinkaruk defies the odds and makes the squad, it will be in the top 6 and some veteran is being moved out and another one demoted to the 4th line.

You could easily get a lineup on opening night something like:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Shinkaruk-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Vey-Burrows

Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

Hansen needs to chill. I feel like he gets so worked up when he gets his chances, that he grips his stick and he freaks out a bit and then wears out the goalie's logo or misses the net.

No pressure pre-season (admittedly a bad team and bad goalie) and he potted a nice one, and before the pressure was on him to continue at his 35-40 point pace that people assumed was his 'new normal' - he had an effective NHL shot. But when he gets stressing about points, he becomes a scapegoat.

Hansen had a good game, he is capable of that.

If he can do that every night against full line ups...

he tends to give up juicy giveaway's and the slapshot on the PP is not something he is known for!

On the fourth line of a cup team...maybe...

there were more than 500 NHLers with more giveaways than Hansen last season.

actually, he's only given the puck away 88 times in his entire career - and he's +80 with 168 takeaways.

there were 8 players last season who had as many or more turnovers than Hansen has had in his entire career (Kessel for example had 88 giveaways and was -51 in one season)

Y'all remember the 2012 season when Jannik was the hardest worker and one of our best players night in and night out. Now evryone is raggin on him. Interesting.

He followed a very good 11/12 season (39 points in 82 games) with 27 points in 47 game in the lockout season. That's a 47 point pace for 82 games. Above average for a second liner, outstanding for a third liner. One bad season and that's it. Nobody turns on their own faster than Nuck fans.

He followed a very good 11/12 season (39 points in 82 games) with 27 points in 47 game in the lockout season. That's a 47 point pace for 82 games. Above average for a second liner, outstanding for a third liner. One bad season and that's it. Nobody turns on their own faster than Nuck fans.

not to mention two serious shoulder injuries last year in that 'bad season' - and an abundance of irrational Tortorella ballbusting to boot.

Hansen's a beaut. Only noobs and derps can't see that.

actually, he's only given the puck away 88 times in his entire career - and he's +80 with 168 takeaways.

there were 8 players last season who had as many or more turnovers than Hansen has had in his entire career (Kessel for example had 88 giveaways and was -51 in one season)

I love it when you can prove a bad poster wrong using stats. Nice find.

This... bang and TKO'ed. Thanks oldnews. +1

Archived