The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Count on the Lions to go out and find a kicker that epitomizes the Lions....

48 yards is no chip shot, but that looked like a putt....:picard:

That was the worst field goal attempt I’ve ever seen. It wasn’t even blocked that makes it so bad. 

• Haha 1

So OBJ makes his Rams debut tonight.

Interested to see if the Rams integrate him into the game plan as a decoy or by having back there to return a punt or something.

Hard to learn enough plays in an NFL playbook in 3 days to have a significant role early on.

As a comparison Desean Jackson played sparingly and had only 1 target and 1 catch with the Raiders last night. He was a decoy and an afterthought.

He doesn't need to know much of the playbook to be a deep threat, so the Raiders better figure it out quick before they drop out of a playoff spot.

OBJ is lucky that he is on the Rams with arguably the best possible offensive coach in the NFL.

With Robert Woods being out for the year his addition is now vital. He needs to get up to speed as quick as possible if the Rams want that #1 seed.

If McVay can't get him integrated into the offence and get him producing quickly nobody else can either.

This is OBJ's last chance to show he still has that star talent left when he was on the Giants.

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, Pears said:

Pain. 

54298367-D058-4A1F-BE2A-073984E5BB3B.png

I can't handle the emotional rollercoaster of Sports betting my stomach churns. In the past when I lost money I convinced myself that at the very least since I used BCLC, so the money supposedly goes to  useful causes.

21 hours ago, Van40 said:

Might be time for the Seahawks and Russ to finally part ways.

There were rumors of him wanting out this past off-season and everyone knows he wants to pursue a career in nfl media after he's done.

I don't think he is done as an elite QB in the NFL yet. A change could revitalize him by going to a less run heavy offensive system. Still has top 10 qb talent when healthy. He has another 3 good years in him at the very least provided he finally gets a good OL for protection and is able to stay healthy with some solid offensive weapons to work with.

He looked rusty out there as did Aaron Rodgers.

But the Seahawks and Wilson could benefit from a change.

This could be a historical off-season with 3 top 10 qbs potentially being available.

1)Aaron Rodgers

2) Russel Wilson 

3) Deshaun Watson

21 hours ago, Van40 said:

Thursday game.

Injuries everywhere.  

Horrible pass D. 

Greg Roman can't adjust on the fly. 

The roster is thin this year. Lamar has to basically be superman every week or we lose. 

With all that said, should be able to beat the Bears with ease. 

That is too bad then, by the sounds of things I guess we can expect the Ravens not to make it very far in the playoffs then. The critics will be throwing more unfair criticism at Lamar as a guy who can't get it done in the post season to keep feeding the narrative about him.

Don't look now but are the Patriots an AFC dark horse with a rookie QB under center now?

They have a really good run game and defence. Not to mention always great special teams.

They will not be an easy matchup for any team.

8 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

3 Patriots players in Peter Schrager's top 5 rookies in week 10 with Christian Barmore at 5, Rhamondre Stevenson at 2 and Mac Jones at the top. Pats future looks bright.

grafik.thumb.png.b7518c47fa7210a1fb09491531c5ce45.png

Still can’t believe the Patriots were able to stick with there pick and get Mac Jones. Thought for sure if they wanted him they’d have to trade up. Looking like a good draft class for the Pats.

7 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I do not understand that. You have a 3rd and 20 with Lockett and Metcalfe to aim for and you decide to run the ball through Travis Homer.

Pathetically conservative 

This is why Russel Wilson needs to move on in the off-season to a new team best fits are the Broncos or Saints imo.

• Upvote 2