The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Aaron Rodgers injures his left Achilles tendon in his first series for the Jets

Aaron Rodgers' debut with the New York Jets lasted just four snaps.

And now the four-time MVP and a shell-shocked fanbase will have to see how long he might be sidelined.

Rodgers injured his left Achilles tendon when he was sacked by Buffalo's Leonard Floyd and fell awkwardly on the leg during Monday night's 22-16 overtime win over the Bills.

Coach Robert Saleh confirmed the injury after the game and said Rodgers would have a MRI on Tuesday. The team said during the game that X-rays were negative.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/football/aaron-rodgers-injures-his-left-achilles-tendon-in-his-first-series-for-the-jets/article_4bb79e56-91a6-5267-a4ba-7bfdafcfc913.html

1 hour ago, Sean Monahan said:

Thoughts and prayers with you @RUPERTKBD :ph34r:

I cheer for the Bills, Canucks, Blue Jays and Whitecaps.........

.....I'm used to my team disappointing me....

The window is closing for Buffalo. (if it isn't closed already) They basically blew their chance when they decided to kick it deep in that playoff against the Chiefs....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I cheer for the Bills, Canucks, Blue Jays and Whitecaps.........

.....I'm used to my team disappointing me....

The window is closing for Buffalo. (if it isn't closed already) They basically blew their chance when they decided to kick it deep in that playoff against the Chiefs....

Fair. At least you got the WS in 92 and 93, but that’s a tough group of teams to cheer for. 

I don’t really have a favourite NFL team and I plan to keep it that way. Cheering for the Canucks and Jays is enough disappointment for me. I enjoy being able to flip around and watch whatever is the best game or two on at the time and never end up disappointed with the outcome. 

On 9/11/2023 at 1:12 PM, Citizen Erased said:

I don’t really like football and don’t watch it, but I was flipping channels and saw it was 40-0. Wow. That was elephant making love to a mouse kind of rough. 

I was about to stop watching at halftime but kept it on cause it was laughable how just when you though the Giants were done making mistakes, they’d make another bigger one. That game was brutally hilarious. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean Monahan said:

Fair. At least you got the WS in 92 and 93, but that’s a tough group of teams to cheer for. 

I don’t really have a favourite NFL team and I plan to keep it that way. Cheering for the Canucks and Jays is enough disappointment for me. I enjoy being able to flip around and watch whatever is the best game or two on at the time and never end up disappointed with the outcome. 

Try Canucks, Browns, Orioles and Pacers :lol:

At least the Orioles last won a World series the year before I was born, Pacers a decade before and Browns 20 years before. :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

So you can understand why I’m still trying to process/comprehend this 100% complete transformation my Bengals have gone through the last couple years. We’ve seen as many playoff wins since last January as some have seen since the 80’s, and the Lombardi dream is more likely now than it ever has been. 

• Cheers 2

One and done for the year.  

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/mri-confirms-aaron-rodgers-has-complete-tear-of-achilles-tendon

MRI confirms Aaron Rodgers has complete tear of Achilles tendon

Aaron Rodgers’ first season with the Jets ended on the first possession.

An MRI this morning confirmed what was feared: Rodgers has a complete tear of his Achilles tendon. That is a season-ending injury.

That leaves Zach Wilson as the Jets’ starting quarterback, and currently the only healthy quarterback on their 53-player roster. They’ll surely bring someone else in, but it’s going to be hard to find a starting-caliber quarterback at this point in the season.

Wilson was competent for the Jets after Rodgers went down Monday night, but realistically it’s hard to believe they can be a playoff team with Wilson. With Rodgers, they had Super Bowl aspirations.

Rodgers will turn 40 in December, and questions will be raised about whether Monday night’s brief appearance was the last game of his NFL career. A torn Achilles tendon is a tough injury to come back from, and Rodgers may decide it’s time to retire.

That decision, however, is months away. Right now, the Jets have to regroup after losing the player they built their entire offseason around.

Eagles looked rought, but Jalen Carter looked good.

I don't take too much stock into week one, but the Giants getting sloshed sets the tone for the Cowboys and Giants.

Quick turnaround to play the Vikings who must be upset about their loss.

• Cheers 2