The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

I usually don't dump on football officials, because I've done a few hundred games myself, but that one was getting a bit ridiculous. The "no yards" calls were totally one sided, the ref with the best view of Logan's TD doesn't make the call, but the guy screened by half the players on the field does, then the Leos get flagged for delay of game, despite the ref not making any official announcement on the booth review...

But the kicker for me was the PI review. "Not enough evidence"? :huh: Did they not see Marco's shoulder pads? That was the proverbial smoking gun... :sadno:

On another front: I gotta say that Ronnie "The Rebel" Yell is impressing me more and more each game. It could just come down to him and Bazzie for the ROY.

Lions are getting some swagger back. Really love how some of them are cranking it up and finding holes out there. God, East - West disparity much? Wow, night and day stuff. Bazzie, Yell, some up and comers are really exciting to watch.

I usually don't dump on football officials, because I've done a few hundred games myself, but that one was getting a bit ridiculous. The "no yards" calls were totally one sided, the ref with the best view of Logan's TD doesn't make the call, but the guy screened by half the players on the field does, then the Leos get flagged for delay of game, despite the ref not making any official announcement on the booth review...

But the kicker for me was the PI review. "Not enough evidence"? :huh: Did they not see Marco's shoulder pads? That was the proverbial smoking gun... :sadno:

On another front: I gotta say that Ronnie "The Rebel" Yell is impressing me more and more each game. It could just come down to him and Bazzie for the ROY.

The real kicker was that they called the wrong Lion for the chop block on the PI review. I guess they were trying to help the Argos out a bit, because of their short week. Ricky Ray is probably wondering who that new RB is wearing #53. He was in the backfield more than the Argo RB was.

BC Lions President guarantees a victory this weekend - and if not, free tickets to a future Lions game for all those in attendance:

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=459960

It is in retaliation for the Riders renting this sign right beside the Stadium..ballsy if you ask me..Green is the new Orange..Riders.com.

Rider-billboard-BC-1_zpscba4a75e.jpg

Edited by ShakyWalton

BC Lions President guarantees a victory this weekend - and if not, free tickets to a future Lions game for all those in attendance:

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=459960

Looks like it's only for the 4 remaining games. As a season ticket holder free tickets aren't gonna cut it. I'd like to see a credit for next years seasons tickets, not tickets to games I already have tickets for.

Ballsy move though, it's gonna fire up the Riders, that for sure.

Looks like it's only for the 4 remaining games. As a season ticket holder free tickets aren't gonna cut it. I'd like to see a credit for next years seasons tickets, not tickets to games I already have tickets for.

Ballsy move though, it's gonna fire up the Riders, that for sure.

Well the point isn't for people who already have tickets of course. Its to get people who otherwise wouldn't be going out there to buy some tickets to fill the stadium. Its almost a win win. If BC wins, everyone wins because they sell more tickets and everyone is happy and wants to come back. If BC loses they still have sold some more tickets, they will have more people in attendance at the final four games, and at worst lose just a bit of money as a trade off, if any.

I totally agree with what Angus said on the radio yesterday and don't like this guaranteed win marketing ploy by Skulsky.

To me it simply devalues and cheapens the sport.

What's next?? Is Skulsky going to start handing out beads to women at games???

Not sure it's good timing...they're getting on a roll and to have them convinced they'll win is sort of letting them get ahead of themselves. Focus. Work hard. Try to win, don't say you'll win. Plus, fires up the Riders. And their fans'll be through the roof now - like they needed more firing up.

It sure threw the team in front of the bus though in catching them off guard...loved their reactions (especially Dante), but took them by surprise it seems.

Beyond that, love trash talking and all the hype. Love this rivalry (we even have a little mod rivalry behind the scenes). Just makes it that much more fun.

Sick and tired of biased TSN reporters - that was pass interference just like the call against the Bombers early you stupid commentator!

Montreal got away with a blatant hold on that huge play when they went from their own 10 to Winnipeg territory. I was surprised that challenge wasn't overturned for the fumble.

That said, defense played well, especially the run defense. The offense was terrible in the first half, but finally got some consistency in the 2nd half when the running game took off. I think a well rested Grigsby (didn't play much in the 3rd quarter) was a reason for the 4th quarter run success.

Special teams were huge tonight though; got the first TD of the game, didn't allow big run backs, and in the 2nd half, returns were much better.

I totally agree with what Angus said on the radio yesterday and don't like this guaranteed win marketing ploy by Skulsky.

To me it simply devalues and cheapens the sport.

What's next?? Is Skulsky going to start handing out beads to women at games???

They don't get the beads until they show everyone their tickets

• Upvote 1

Guranteed win tonight. I could see Robbie Yell finding a way into the NFL if he plays like how he did last week, he's physical and tackles, tight man to man coverage and he's been playing under great DBs like Parks and Marsh.

How great is our defence though? 2 of the best LBs and a secondary of Yell-Phillips-Williams-Lee-Parks. Marsh is injured but if he comes back I think Parks can move to the HB spot instead of Lee who looks pretty bad to me.