The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

This Lions lineup isn't good enough to beat the Als + the refs. Even our full lineup would have had a tall order. The home team almost always wins in Montreal-BC games.

Yeah, but losing 24-10 is different from what we're watching. At some point you just have to have some pride. Lions have just looked flat in some losses this season.

I'm just coming around to the "fire Benevedes" bandwagon - I really wanted to like the guy.

This isn't just a coaching problem with this team.

Benny HAS to go, but we've been staring at the same O-line and defensive problems for three seasons now, so a chunk of this blame has to be pinned on Wally.

I wouldn't want to be working in the Lions sales office this off season trying to push season tickets UNLESS Double D or Trestman are announced as the new coach.

• Upvote 2

congratulations to the Alouettes. They played a solid game.

We probably wouldn't have won anyways but that momentum killing major roughing for a tiny shove and then the non call on OPI on the same drive when we still had a chance totally killed us. Leaves a bad taste.

Kind of like the Canucks last year. A great start, lots of momentum. Harris.....Lulay coming back soon...then injuries to major players and questionable coaching causing a dramatic decline. And just like the Canucks, we need a top down revamp. Maybe even Buono needs to be looked at? :ph34r: Can Trevor Linden handle two Vancouver sports teams at once?

• Upvote 2

Yeah, full credit to the Als. They took advantage of their opportunities in the 1st and dominated the 2nd half.

For the Lions...

I'm not ready to put Wally on the hot-seat just yet.. but what he does this offseason will be telling.

Aside from a coach they need to upgrade the O-line, QB and I'd like to see them try to bring in a clutch receiver. Manny is a nice deep threat and I like Taylor's YAC ability but seemed like a lot of dropped balls this year.

DB's need an overhaul as well (I like LaRose's story but 1 career INT? Really?) and an extra pass-rusher on the D-line would be nice.

• Upvote 1

This Montreal team reminds me of the 2011 Lions. Start the season terrible, end hot, and win the Cup.

Difference was BC got to play the big game in their own house. If Montreal wins next week they're in for a massive task ahead of them trying to get a W At BC Place. Just imagine the thousands of Lions fans who have tickets protecting the house when our boys aren't even playing. It's got the potential to be one of the most interesting stories in sports.

This isn't just a coaching problem with this team.

Benny HAS to go, but we've been staring at the same O-line and defensive problems for three seasons now, so a chunk of this blame has to be pinned on Wally.

I wouldn't want to be working in the Lions sales office this off season trying to push season tickets UNLESS Double D or Trestman are announced as the new coach.

Don't forget the QB position, selling ticket packages with Glenn and an often injured Lulay is going to be a tough sell.

Big list of things to do:

new qb- just can't trust Travis to stay healthy

better offensive line- way to many sacks allowed

better head coach-

hope the offensive co-ordinator has learnt a lot this season or replace him.

Running backs- Will/can Harris stay healthy?

Defensively not enough interceptions or sacks.

Kicker getting old

busy off season coming or an empty bc place.

• Upvote 1

I don't even know where to start on this one.

What was the point of putting Lulay in the line up? Mind games? I'm now convinced even more that Benevides has something against Beck. Hell, Partridge should have started. Also, why wait so long to sit Glenn, pretty obvious early that he wasn't gonna get it done. Hell, I knew it before the game. Coach dropped the ball once again with his QB coaching decisions.

Again penalties play a role, some just laughable. That call against Iannuzzi, WTF!

Brutal when a team scores 50 points with under 300 yards offense. Lions btw had 159. :picard:

Time for McCallum to call it quits, we need a kicker that can pull double duty, waste of a roster spot carrying 2 kickers.

Wally has a lot of work to do in the off season. I think lulay is done, hopefully Rodgers sticks with the team and shows us something in the preseason.

Benevides needs to go. Maybe Wally should step back to coaching and light a fire under this teams ass. Coach B has never been a good fit and I don't think the players generally respect him as a head coach. Watching him march up and down the sidelines like some tyrant just doesn't work.