The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

On May 9, 2016 at 0:58 PM, Monty said:

For me, it's just how interchangeable they are. I know for quality sake, they are good. The writing is spot on and the SFX are good; however, I literally feel nothing when I watch them.

And when I say nothing, I mean nothing. I don't like them or hate them, there's just this void for two hours. I mean, can anyone tell me the difference, aside from characters, between Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Captain America 2, Avengers, etc, etc, etc?

I know they are popcorn flicks, and I'm cool with those. That's why I like and appreciate Avatar and Gravity. They aren't supposed to be terrific, just entertaining enough to keep one engaged. But the Marvel films are 2 hours of smashing.

Omg avatar.

i lost precious brain cells forcing myself through that one.

ultimately I'll admit I'm too jaded for superhero movies.  I've not watched a single one since I was a kid with the original superman.

i watched antman with my son and that's the only way I could watch any similar movie.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I can't condemn that POS enough. Blatant rip off of Disney's Pocahontas. And it just looks like an ad for a video game. Total crap. 

Like I said, it was a popcorn flick for me. It's not the best movie I've ever seen, far from it. Haven't seen it in years (6 maybe), but it was good for what it was.

12 minutes ago, Monty said:

Like I said, it was a popcorn flick for me. It's not the best movie I've ever seen, far from it. Haven't seen it in years (6 maybe), but it was good for what it was.

I like a lot of popcorn flicks. Didn't care for that one.

31 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I like a lot of popcorn flicks. Didn't care for that one.

And that might be the main difference for me. I don't typically like popcorn flicks.

- True Lies

- Demolition Man

- Jurassic Park

That's it.

13 minutes ago, Monty said:

And that might be the main difference for me. I don't typically like popcorn flicks.

- True Lies

- Demolition Man

- Jurassic Park

That's it.

Love all of those.

True Lies is easily in my top 10 movies. It is what a movie should be.

On May 12, 2016 at 0:08 PM, 250Integra said:

Captain America - Civil War: 9/10

Loved the story line and the introduction of other marvel characters.

That's the exact same rating I'd give it, and it was the last movie I watched.

Mud

Holycrapthatwasgood/10

I have been wanting to watch it for a while. It popped up on Netflix this morning so I gave it a go.

It was excellent. Loved the kids in it. Simple, straightforward dialogue. Got right to the point, right to the emotion.

Would highly recommend.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, falcon45ca said:

Fixed.

Never watched Fern Gully but I keep hearing that.

I have also heard people say it is a rip off of Dances with Wolves.

I was regularly reading stories to my kids for bed shortly before Avatar came out. That included Pocahontas.That is why I draw the parallel.

This story sums it up perfectly.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/04/avatar-pocahontas-in-spac_n_410538.html

original.jpg

Edited by Shift-4
  • Upvote 2