The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Phaneuf can be traded.

Plum

Dion Phaneuf to the Leafs is Alex Edler to us. He's been a huge liablity to the Leafs ever since he got there, no wait, he's been playing quite bad even for the Flames, before he was traded. He's like Alex Edler almost, highly offensive, but a defensive liablity.

Colorado should take a run, they desperately need defense.

Seth Jones and Phaneuf would be an immediate upgrade. If Erik Johnson finds his game they will be rolling.

Paul Stastny straight up for Dion Phaneuf.

They Have Duchene and O'reilly as the #1 and #2 centers.

Leafs need a 1st line center.

Phaneuf is an excellent offsensive defenseman who would help this team immensely and definitely replace Ehrhoff.

Will Gillis go after him? Obviously not. Should he? Yes.

Brian Campbell is another option. If Gillis doesn't get a puck moving defenseman this team doesn't go past the 1st Round.

Are you kidding? No chance? The fact he misjudged Hansen and took a poor angle is understandable, but letting Hansen cut straight in from of him and finish, as Phaneuf does a stick whiff... lame. That's their captain, and a guy with a hard nosed reputation, but in reality, he whiffs on play after play.

Have a look at Boston's tying goal in game 7. Phaneuf's 'compete' level, as their captain, at that time of the game...just one small representative sample of why so many people in Toronto want a change. He not only made no effort to move Chara, he turned his back to him and looked utterly out to lunch, in game 7, with less than a minute left...

I'm not a fan of crucifying players for one or two bad plays - Phaneuf however is vacant on a regular basis.

I've honestly never watched a Leafs game where I'm not scratching my head wondering why they'd have given him the "C".

Archived