The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Streit in Philly

CCF4E

Justified signing, if not a great one. Offensive d-men are now going to come at a premium. PK Subban will make a lot of cash. Michael del Zotto will make a lot of cash. Slava Voynov? He'll get $6-7 mil.

Not every team has a true powerplay QB. We don't. Calgary doesn't, Colorado doesn't, Detroit doesn't... and Philadelphia certainly didn't. They paid big bucks to get a guy who will probably play well throughout the entire contract.

I am okay with this. The price is a little higher than I wanted and obviously there is a concern with age but they got a strong much needed puck moving defenseman and didn't have to part with prospects like Schenn or Couturier.

Streit has been durable and he has only been in the NHL since 2005 his milage on his body is a little lower than most 35 year olds. This contract could backfire and be a horrible thing to deal with or Streit may hold up fine and the deal may not cause any issues.

As of now I will live in the moment and enjoy this.

I have a feeling Hartnell and one of Grossman/Meszaros aren't gonna be with them next year.

Archived