The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article, Globe And Mail.) Canucks GM to blame for Roberto Luongo soap opera.....Luongos former agent speaks

naslund.is.king

I will support Luongo,and cheer for him, but if he still wants out which it certainly seems like I'm playing the worlds tiniest violin for him .

Gillis screwed up, no one is disputing that. But if Luongo would have had his head screwed on straight, maybe the team and the people making decisions wouldn't have doubted him enough to put Corey in instead. You don't just supplant your starter for another guy unless there is wavering doubt that you can't get the job done.

Luongo is not blameless in this at all.

I'm sorry he didn't get what he wanted and I'm sorry the Canucks didn't get what they wanted for him either but this franchise needs to succeed based on more than just whats good for luongo.

If the player doesn't like how he's being treated by the team, isn't the agent supposed to know that and do something about it rather than sit on his hands?

Lupien just lost his biggest star client. He's going to be throwing a francophone fit about that, certainly.

I like the fact that the Luongo drama is making the off-season less boring, but listening to a parasite agent cry about being fired is a bit much.

Good for a laugh though.

so he's saying the canucks should have taken Dipietro deal so they can throw millions of dollars on that contract and still be on the hook for Luongo's cap when he retires before his contract expires.

If Luongo wants to go to a loser Florida franchise so much he should just sit at home this year and void his contract. Must be tough living in the most beautiful city in North America and having a fresh start with new coaching staff. He can still live in Florida from April to September every year if he wants. His sulking is hopefully just a rumour.

Because the fans were booing him. They seen how we treated him and jumped all over it. How can we as fans justify booing the best goalie we've ever had and not expect the media to run with it?

We can blame the media or Gillis but when a player is betrayed by both the least we can do is as fans at least stand by them and appreciate what they have done for us. Instead of booing them because they can't win every game.

Mike Gillis" I understand Lupien coming out like this was a process, well we are going to look into this and start a process of rebuttal, then we will process the fans and players reactions when Roberto comes back to Vancouver for Training Camp, because it's a process to set up a process to process what we've been processing"

If Luongo wants to go to a loser Florida franchise so much he should just sit at home this year and void his contract. Must be tough living in the most beautiful city in North America and having a fresh start with new coaching staff. He can still live in Florida from JUNE to September every year if he wants. His sulking is hopefully just a rumour.

Archived