The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Tim Connolly Not Considering Retirement

Tim Connolly not considering retirement

Posted on Aug 14 via TheScore.com

Tim Connolly is waiting on a contract offer from an NHL club and is not considering retirement, according to his agent J.P. Barry.

Speaking to the Syracuse Post-Standard, Barry remains confident that NHL free agency will pick up once teams re-assess their needs heading into training camp.

Right now, Tim wants to take some time and find the right situation for himself. He's being patient. I think he's just taking a pause now. He's been through some injuries. He just wants his body to heal. I think there will be a demand for him when he decides to play. I think he understands most of the teams are going to look at younger players first.

Connolly last played in the NHL with the Toronto Maple Leafs during the 2011-12 season, scoring 13 goals and 23 assists in 36 games. He was demoted to the AHL last season, scoring only five goals and seven assists in 28 games with the Toronto Marlies.

The 32-year old forward was drafted fifth overall by the New York Islanders in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft. He has scored 131 goals and 300 assists in 697 career games with the Islanders, Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres.

Archived