The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article)Canucks’ top prospect Hunter Shinkaruk aims to make hometown Flames pay for passing on him twice in NHL draft

naslund.is.king

I sure hope the rumours of character issues are wrong. Unfortunately history seems to show that there are often grains of truth to stuff like this. He seems grounded so far in the very very small sample size I've seen of him. Love the chip on his shoulder. Let's hope that's all it is.

I sure hope the rumours of character issues are wrong. Unfortunately history seems to show that there are often grains of truth to stuff like this. He seems grounded so far in the very very small sample size I've seen of him. Love the chip on his shoulder. Let's hope that's all it is.

It's good that he's motivated, though I've been underwhelmed with his performance in the young stars thus far. He seems to fall into an awkward category of being too good for junior but not yet ready for the NHL. We'll see how he fairs with NHL level competition, as his point production already shows he's beaten junior which could make this year of development a lost one if he continues to play against the same level of competition.

I found the last paragraph most interesting, as the Canucks only have 36 players + young star invites attending main camp. I like the smaller number, as in previous years the 50+ players would mean two squads and limited showing. With the smaller number of players, it should give the young players good exposure.

Anyone know if Ronalds Kenins will be attending main camp?

Archived