The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Senators may be interested in Canucks' Yannick Weber

Everyone is saying trade Tanev to make room for Corrado...Why not dangle Corrado in a trade? Tanev is looking great this yer and unless we get an offer we can't refuse then we have to keep him. corrado has value considering his performance in last years playoffs. He could probably get us a solid player in return.

You really think we're not going to need Corrado at some point? How long do we make it in the playoffs before we lose a D?

And why exactly would we do that other than the fact you hate Edler after he had a monster game against Toronto?

Getting shots on goal when our forwards win all the battles down low and feed him time and time again don't make it a monster game with no goals, 1 assist and no impact hits besides him getting leveled.

Edler hasn't been good physically or defensively all season and isn't all he's cracked up to be offensively and is soft as butter.

If we can get a top 6 forward i do this in a hearbeat especially seeing how well Stanton, Tanev the potential in Corrado and all our top defensemen are doing.

Getting shots on goal when our forwards win all the battles down low and feed him time and time again don't make it a monster game with no goals, 1 assist and no impact hits besides him getting leveled.

Edler hasn't been good physically or defensively all season and isn't all he's cracked up to be offensively and is soft as butter.

If we can get a top 6 forward i do this in a hearbeat especially seeing how well Stanton, Tanev the potential in Corrado and all our top defensemen are doing.

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about Phaneuf.

You must be watching some other team. Edler has been on fire. He has been physical, and an absolute threat offensively. 12 shots against the Laffs. Second star. Edler stays barring a blockbuster trade.

You must be watching some other team. Edler has been on fire. He has been physical, and an absolute threat offensively. 12 shots against the Laffs. Second star. Edler stays barring a blockbuster trade.

I really like Edler and think his value offensively is huge. But, since his injury, is it me or have you noticed he seems slower, less mobile and fumbles with the puck alot in his own end.

I have watched him pretty closely and something is just off defensively....maybe he's lost a step or just is less mobile now....still a heck of a player and with his point totals will be highly valued regardless across the league and having his bomb and garrisons on the 1pp and 2pp is a huge advantage so agree with you

I really like Edler and think his value offensively is huge. But, since his injury, is it me or have you noticed he seems slower, less mobile and fumbles with the puck alot in his own end.

I have watched him pretty closely and something is just off defensively....maybe he's lost a step or just is less mobile now....still a heck of a player and with his point totals will be highly valued regardless across the league and having his bomb and garrisons on the 1pp and 2pp is a huge advantage so agree with you

Don't you mean since always?

Something else i've noticed is that Edler seems to be weaker physically then in the past and he can't seem to make the odd nice hit he used to be able to make also not as solid on his feet and the one taking the brunt of most contact.

Really quite invisible as far as good play goes with no nice hits or good offensive plays but noticing bad passes, icing the puck, fumbling the puck and turnovers, playing soft as usual and poor defensive zone work.

Archived