The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's going on with David Booth?

Everybody Hates Raymond

he's had small streaks this year where he's shown what he's capable of but its not enough. If he could produce at a 0.5 ppg clip, I think that'd be satisfactory considering how erratic he's been, but not only is he not producing enough he's being plain outplayed by everybody around him. I'd rather have Dalpe/Archibald in the lineup than Booth at this point, and once Burrows is healthy (and Schroeder, down the line) there's no room for him anymore.

When originally asked about Booth, Torts said "He's a weird dude". Not a good start to a relationship.

Before last game Torts was asked about Booth and he said "Booth, I can't find him". OUCH!

When Booth was asked about being a healthy scratch before last game he said "If I say anything I'll get into trouble". Well...he may have not said anything but in a way he did and I doubt that sat well with Torts.

Torts has guys who are trying very hard to fill holes and make this team (Dalpe, Archie, Weise etc) Booth, because of his contract has been give golden opportunities to win a top 6 job but most nights is invisible/a non-factor and looks lost as to where he should be, where the puck is or what to do once he gets the puck. HE has fast feet but it is apparent his brain and hands are slow.

Booth is likely done unless he finds a way to elevate his game and is given another chance.

He's not the only one being sent a message thought, Dalpe with the Sedins is a message to Hansen and Santorelli. One which Santorelli responded well to which Torts will like. Hansen, not sure.

The next few weeks should be interesting to weed out who will respond positively to Torts' methods, and who will sulk. This could be when it gets sorted as to who is staying and who is going to be moved.

My guess is something concerning injury. You don't just tell someone "you're not playing in the charity super skills" because he hasn't been playing well, that's absurd. Maybe he re-aggravated something and they just don't want to reveal it yet till they know for sure what happened.

There's also the chance that he just wasn't available. Could be anything, really. Family emergency, doctor visit, etc.

I don't believe any of the nonsense that people have posted in this thread. Booth was pretty bad coming back from injury but he was playing much better of late. He's currently a +4 and was playing better than many of the players out there now. His absence is noticed the lines are all jumbled up now and its a contributing factor to why the canucks have been losing games of late. To say he is a healthy scratch is just freaking nonsense.

Why would Lack, the Sedins, Garrison, etc be there then? Doesn't make sense.

whoosh

+1 for the laugh.

They might just sit him the rest of the season so his fragile body doesnt break down again. We dont want another summer without being able to buy him out.

Now how can you not do a booth for erat deal? Similar caphit and term, same buyout price, both doing nothing on their current team, both had success in the other conference. How is this not a relative win-win trade? Can only go up from the bottom.

I don't believe any of the nonsense that people have posted in this thread. Booth was pretty bad coming back from injury but he was playing much better of late. He's currently a +4 and was playing better than many of the players out there now. His absence is noticed the lines are all jumbled up now and its a contributing factor to why the canucks have been losing games of late. To say he is a healthy scratch is just freaking nonsense.

Did you read where Torts says to the press "Booth, I can't find him"? Unless you are deliberately trying to ignore the evidence, Booth is a healthy scratch. Torts may not give details of injuries but he doesn't deny when A player is out because of one. Booth's comment about not wanting to get into trouble by saying something is also an pretty strong indication he is healthy enough to play but is being scratched. Looking at the numbers Deb posted, he may be +4 but with no hits, shots, points he is not playing the role of a top 6 winger. The team has lots of cheaper options for a guy that can simply skate fast and ck decently.

Archived