The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun Speculation] Canucks Ready for Re-tool

Blueberries

Whatever word you wanna use"re-tool" "rebuild" , we aren't winning for a a while. We need to change the entire core and just refresh this team. I'm talking moving Sedins, Kesler,Burrows, Bieksa, Edler, even Lu if possible.

We won't win with Sedins being relied on as the top line. But our young guys won't be top players over night, by the time they do, Sedins contracts will about to expire and we will not get anything for them. You have to look at trading them simply.

We have a lot of assets in play that could make a re-tool very smooth. On my list of players leaving and it makes me very sad that it has come to this especially for my favorite player on the team Edler (from my hometown in Sweden)

Edler

Burrows

Hansen

Weise

Luongo - for the right price

Booth

Schroeder

Dalpe

I think those are the pieces that makes the most sense to move.

Sedin - Sedin - ________

_____ - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Santo - ________

Sestito - Richardson -________

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev

Stanton - Corrado

Knocking on the door:

Bo Horvat

Brendan Gaunce

Alexandre Grenier

Kesler might very well be our biggest trading chip to snag a blue chip prospect and maybe more.

Detroit is the only team, I see him waiving his NTC to.

To Detroit:

Kesler

Hansen

Jensen

To Vancouver:

Nyquist

Helm

Mantha

Kesler might very well be our biggest trading chip to snag a blue chip prospect and maybe more.

To Detroit:

Kesler

Hansen

Jensen

To Vancouver:

Nyquist

Helm

Mantha

Kesler will be canucks4life

To Detroit:

Kesler

Hansen

Jensen

To Vancouver:

Nyquist

Helm

Mantha

To a top contending team like the Blues who are on the cusp Kesler would possibly fetch Tarasenko + or say the Penguins who are loaded in young D prospects. If Kesler is dangled Gillis better have his phone hardwired in his head because it wont stop ringing.

not gillis hater but he told us the exact same thing in the offseason and went on to do nothing. reset retool not sure if that means anything when the players with value all have NTC's.

+1 to this post. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me

I'm telling you.. Evander Kane is our missing link. Nucks need to make a strong, STRONG push for him. Andrew Ladd is also the perfect player we need too. Both are BC boys so they would probably resign, but they're already locked up for years. We need one, if not both. Need to make a really strong push. I'm talking giving up Edler, Shinkaruk, etc. You have to give to get and thats what we need. Weve got like 5 years give or take with the sedins left, theres no time to waste.

See. This is the key:

Remain competitive but get younger on the fly. I couldn't be happier with Gillis right now!

Not sure why, he hasn't done squat yet. Before everyone gets a giddy like a fat kid in a candy store, need I remind you of these phrases from our GM team:

We're going all in this year = Over paying for Derek Roy, attempting to get Torres.

We are going to get younger, stronger, bigger. We have to give our young kids a shot to make the team this year = not one rookie on the roster except for the back up when the season started.

Gillis knows everyone wants him to crap or get off the pot, so he's doing what he always does, pay lip service to buy time. I predict no significant moves and when questioned he will say the deals were there, but they just didn't make sense.

Canucks might sneak into the playoffs, but they are done in the first round in five.

Whatever word you wanna use"re-tool" "rebuild" , we aren't winning for a a while. We need to change the entire core and just refresh this team. I'm talking moving Sedins, Kesler,Burrows, Bieksa, Edler, even Lu if possible.

We won't win with Sedins being relied on as the top line. But our young guys won't be top players over night, by the time they do, Sedins contracts will about to expire and we will not get anything for them. You have to look at trading them simply.

Agree whole heartidly, but I keep Bieksa and Burr.

Tanev, Corrado, Stanton, Shink, Horvat & Kass, Lack are the only guys I don't consider moving.

Why do I keep Juice and Burr? Cuz simply they hate losing. When the oilers started rebuilding, they didnt keep anyone like that, so their young guns accepted losing with the promise that one day everything will be better. That's where that attitude gets you.

maybe to you (and undoubtedly to gillis), but not to the rest of the league.

So what you are saying is... If Hansen played for another team, we could get him for a second, in a weak draft?? Right?? No... Not likely,serviceable 3rd liners with contract left go for more than a second. Sometimes your arguments fall REAL flat.

So what you are saying is... If Hansen played for another team, we could get him for a second, in a weak draft?? Right?? No... Not likely,serviceable 3rd liners with contract left go for more than a second. Sometimes your arguments fall REAL flat.

if the team was looking to move him, yes, a 2nd would likely do it. maybe a late round pick or very long shot prospect thrown in.

canucks got higgins for oberg and a 3rd.

sharks got tyler kennedy for a 2nd.

jets got setoguchi for a 2nd.

jets got frolik for a 3rd and 5th.

leafs got bolland for a 2nd and two 4ths.

Archived