The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Lack - 0 Wings - 2

TheTruthHurts

I think we should trade a 7th round pick to the Trailer Park Boys for Ricky and Julian. Ricky's got some good toughness from jail and protecting all the dope that he grows, meanwhile Julian can come in and show Torts some smart ideas for the powerplay. I think Ricky's experiences with being incarcerated and what not, I think that'll really bust the country club atmosphere that the Canucks have. The 7th round pick that they're getting down there is really for Bubbles, we feel like it would be good for bubbles to either use the pick to select a kid that can take care of his cats when he starts getting older or he could sell that pick to an NHL team and use the money for a mail order bride.

Make it happen MG!!!

(I'm not being serious I'm just poking fun at in the trade that was made today, which was basically a bandaid solution to a long-term problem. We're banking big time on big performances at the olympics to drive up trade value and it's a big risk IMO)

1000x1000.jpg

While that kind of positivity is nice, you can't honestly believe they'll just snap out of this, do you?

This team needs help. Tortorella is basically calling it.

Stuff is going down in Canuck town.

Well if we don't improve from the bottom that we are at then we should trade everyone (except Lack), cause how can we get worse? Only way to go from the bottom is up and I feel like our players are at some career lows right now.

It's going to get better, because it can't get much worse. I believe that.

Lack was great. Close game for a 60 min 5 on 0.

What a pathetic effort in the third especially. 3 shots?!? With a couple PPs?

This is a watershed moment for the GM. It's his job to turn this around. Fire Gillis should be our teams new anthem until he gets off his sweaty fat ass and gets something useful done.

i was thinking that today. they pass and pass and pass and it just looks ugly.. and they cant score, the swedes cant finnish...

In all fairness only reason Henrik is on the ice is to get in game shape for the olympics. He shouldn't have been on the ice and definatly not played over 21 minutes. He's still hurt everyone could see that. Booth/Burr were talking the draws on that line, he was easily knocked off puck and timid to go into the battles. A 50% healthy Henrik hurts this team way more than helping it, mix that in with the fact that he played over a third of the game and on all our offensive chances (PP) when were counted on scoring a goal. We were playing shorthanded ever time he was on the ice. It's no wonder that they got shut out last night.

If Torts wants to win, you play your plays that are working hard and earned it,

Weise scores a goal, plays 3 more shifts with the canucks

Sestito scores a goal plays 4 minutes the next game

Dalpe gets a goal and an assits, becomes a healthy scratch the next game.

Kassian has 6 points in last 12 games plays 11 minutes last night

These players are not the long term answer but when they are putting in 100 times more effort than the top line players you play them. Maybe Torts is scared to do the same thing he did in NYR and bench his star. If were in the game to win, you play the players who are giving the effort no matter what the name on the back of their jersey says.

Well if we don't improve from the bottom that we are at then we should trade everyone (except Lack), cause how can we get worse? Only way to go from the bottom is up and I feel like our players are at some career lows right now.

It's going to get better, because it can't get much worse. I believe that.

We can't trade everyone.

Kassian is making great strides, so he stays.

Schroeder is a talent and will prove it. He's not afraid to forecheck and considering his size that says huge amounts about his character.

Lain is going to develop into a great centre. He has it all and will amaze us.

Lack is sensational.

Archibald will be excellent.

As far as roster players, here's how my opinion sees it.

Kesler still cares and wants to win. He shows the heart, strength and determination to win. The captaincy should be his.

Higgins is another heart and soul player putting it all out there.

Richardson same as Higgins

Sestito has dramatically improved under Torts. His progression is something to be embraced.

Santorelli is a keeper. He is another heart and soul player who suffered an unfortunate attack.

Dalpe has something. He shows a similar tenacity to Schroeder. Frightening quick release on his shot

Hamhuis is a keeper. Is he wildly inconsistent lately? Yes. However he will find his steady game again and has made up for it with his willingness to defend his teammates. Where did that come from anyway?

Bieksa is also wildly inconsistent, but seemed to display a poise this year that was awesome. He was playing injured for sometime and deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Luongo is still one of the best in the league and with a better, larger, more aggressive defense protecting him, he'll excel even more. He's also doing wonders for Lack. Just like he did with Schneider.

The rest. Trade them.

The Sedins have given up and that is especially insulting considering the contracts they signed. They deserve no special treatment from management and should be considered for relocation as soon as possible. Especially if they bring their best to Sochi.

Burrows has had time to get his game back, and it looks like that ain't happening. Although I would still like to see what he can do without the chin guard.

Booth is too streaky to keep around. The benching may have pushed him beyond reconciliation.

Edler just hasn't worked out for this team in any tangible way. He is the definition of inconsistent.

Garrison hasn't worked out either. He is also far too inconsistent and flaky to be a true long term contributor to the top 4 of this team.

Gillis needs to go for his lack of action regarding this free fall, and how he signed the Sedins to their largest contracts without waiting until after the Olympics.

We can't trade everyone.

Kassian is making great strides, so he stays.

Schroeder is a talent and will prove it. He's not afraid to forecheck and considering his size that says huge amounts about his character.

Lain is going to develop into a great centre. He has it all and will amaze us.

Lack is sensational.

Archibald will be excellent.

As far as roster players, here's how my opinion sees it.

Kesler still cares and wants to win. He shows the heart, strength and determination to win. The captaincy should be his.

Higgins is another heart and soul player putting it all out there.

Richardson same as Higgins

Sestito has dramatically improved under Torts. His progression is something to be embraced.

Santorelli is a keeper. He is another heart and soul player who suffered an unfortunate attack.

Dalpe has something. He shows a similar tenacity to Schroeder. Frightening quick release on his shot

Hamhuis is a keeper. Is he wildly inconsistent lately? Yes. However he will find his steady game again and has made up for it with his willingness to defend his teammates. Where did that come from anyway?

Bieksa is also wildly inconsistent, but seemed to display a poise this year that was awesome. He was playing injured for sometime and deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Luongo is still one of the best in the league and with a better, larger, more aggressive defense protecting him, he'll excel even more. He's also doing wonders for Lack. Just like he did with Schneider.

The rest. Trade them.

The Sedins have given up and that is especially insulting considering the contracts they signed. They deserve no special treatment from management and should be considered for relocation as soon as possible. Especially if they bring their best to Sochi.

Burrows has had time to get his game back, and it looks like that ain't happening. Although I would still like to see what he can do without the chin guard.

Booth is too streaky to keep around. The benching may have pushed him beyond reconciliation.

Edler just hasn't worked out for this team in any tangible way. He is the definition of inconsistent.

Garrison hasn't worked out either. He is also far too inconsistent and flaky to be a true long term contributor to the top 4 of this team.

Gillis needs to go for his lack of action regarding this free fall, and how he signed the Sedins to their largest contracts without waiting until after the Olympics.

so anyone who can actually fetch something to build around should stay? As much as people don't want to hear it, moving Kesler is the best way to start a rebuild as he will get the highest return.

Man the only d-man not useless right now is Stanton

We miss Tanev so much it's ridiculous

much like the twins, Hamhuis is playing far far too many mins and it's hurting his game. you canb't do that in the west........aside form a few dmen who can log crazy mins.

Archived