The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are the Canucks ok with Lack and Markstrom moving forward?

yes we can nucks

The way this team played in front of Lack was disgusting they owe him an apology dinner carry his luggage you name it this team quit on each other poor Lack he should be on a win streak but the team in front of him is $hitting the bed.

People forget that's the way the team played when Lu 'lost 5 games in a row' and 'ALLOWED 3+ goals' a game during that stretch... causing his sparkling .924 to plummet. The team was decimated with injuries at the time. At least tonight it was a relatively healthy lineup.

The expectations on Lu were unreal. Yet he's gone because of it. Now THAT is disgusting!

True. He was -2 and scoreless.

Didn't you savage Luongo for getting blown out in the SCF? Gosh. 17/23 is what, a .700 save percentage?

We would have had to score 7 goals here just to win this game. That's impossible.

Well, it's a good thing we can spend it on a vet goalie then.

You are all over the place,

First of all mattias played 23.5 minutes in a 6-1 loss. Being only a -2 isn't bad at all. He almost scored a few times and created tons of chances. Way more than henrik or kes.

What does "didn't you savage" mean? I wasn't upset with Luongo in the finals. The games he got lot up he was hung out to dry like lack was tonight. Even in game 7 when he let in 4 it didn't matter cause we couldn't score one. If we lost 4-3 then I could bellyache like you.

We wouldn't need to score 7 goals in this game if we actually showed up and played. If that's your way of blaming lack for this loss you are delusional.

You want a vet goalie? Unless we trade markstrom there is no point. So many people were ready to run with Schneider and lack. Why is it that 50 less games for lack and markstrom makes people panic and cry?

These knee jerk, the sky is falling, we got blown out tonight that means it will happen every game for 3 years, fire gillis cause he traded Lu and we can't score goals now because of it posters are taking over the whole board.

As has been proven by the Dallas game, the Canucks do not have a starter who can play a full slate of games.

So what you're saying is Lack needs to post shutouts every night in order to win.

Neither Lack nor Markstrom are ready for a starters job.

I can't think of a goaltender that could have gotten the Canucks a win tonight. Not even Super Saiyan Patrick Roy.

I would not be surprised to see Gillis have to trade for a starter in the summer.

I am really concerned that Lack will lose the confidence and optimism he built up by being under Luongo's wing.

Canucks need scoring, not more goalies. Lack and Markstrom aren't 18, they are both ready to challenge for ice time. The only way to become a 'proven' starter is to start games.

First of all mattias played 23.5 minutes in a 6-1 loss. Being only a -2 isn't bad at all. He almost scored a few times and created tons of chances. Way more than henrik or kes.

And that's my point. He resembled our first line center (Henrik), because Henrik is playing terribly.

What does "didn't you savage" mean? I wasn't upset with Luongo in the finals. The games he got lot up he was hung out to dry like lack was tonight. Even in game 7 when he let in 4 it didn't matter cause we couldn't score one.

My post was not directed at you. My point was directed at the folks who ragged on Bobby Lou everytime he played poorly. You say he was 'outplayed' by a rookie. Well, how's that looking now? Everyone has had rose colored glasses and put whomever wasn't Lou on a pedestal. This was unfair and wrong. Bobby Lou has been the anchor of this team for the last 8 years, and unsurprisingly, we've only missed the playoffs once with him. He was the first key piece in our recovery taking us all the way to the SCF final.

We wouldn't need to score 7 goals in this game if we actually showed up and played. If that's your way of blaming lack for this loss you are delusional.

I am simply quoting, word for word, what folks have said about Bobby Lou. You say they were delusional. I agree.

Why is it that 50 less games for lack and markstrom makes people panic and cry?

I wanted Lou to shoulder the burden for the rest of the season and help season Lack. Now, we've got a team hanging a rookie out to dry.

now because of it posters are taking over the whole board.

As opposed to all the folks shouting at Luongo? We've heard it all, now we get a little bit of schadenfreude here. No, Lou wasn't the problem. No, the goaltending isn't the problem either.

2 ahlers auditioning for NHL starting goalie. Eddie prob will be ok for an average team. Not playoff material yet.

He's been great for a horrible team :P

Nobody on the Canucks this year has been playoff material, if anybody was it would have been santorelli or lack.

I'm not going to dig because I don't have 4 hours to look for threads to bump but this summer i said this year wasn't ours. The way the cap went down, with all our league min players and with kesler injured to start. I had to give this team a pass.

Instead they made me look like an idiot up until Xmas break. I don't however have any satisfaction in their fall from glory. It's a tale of 2 teams and hard to believe. Everyone blames gillis but this is the same team (minus injured players and now no Lu).

Truth of the matter is this offseason gives gillis the chance to money ball with money. As evidenced with the malholtra and Torres contracts you can find gems but it helps when you have the funds to spend above the league min. I'm excited to see the team next year. Colorado finished 29th with a young goalie last year. Philly finished damn near dead last years ago and then got to the eastern final the next year, Tampa stunk and resurged the next. It happens, we have youth coming and between lack and markstrom we will have a proven number 1 sooner than later.

People act like these are 19 year old kids, they are 24 and 26 and each have 3 years of professional hockey as starters under their belts. These are no spring chickens.

Interesting fact, Lack was actually Markstrom's backup when they were playing in the Swedish premiere league back in 2009/10.

Talent-wise I don't have a problem with either goalie. They both have potential, but let's face it, they are both unproven. Schneider was given time (2 years) to develop as Luongo's back up. Lack was given half a season and then essentially thrown into the wolves den in a pissed off, hockey mad city. Saying "sink or swim" is no way to develop rookie talent. What I saw after the Heritage Classic was a sensitive kid who's confidence is on shaky ground, not the second coming of Patrick Roy. And now, with the rest of his team basically playing for tee times not playoffs, I just worry that he's going to be a complete basket case come April.

Hard to forget Scrivens put up the all time record for saves in a shutout. Getting a (very good) depth goalie from Anaheim was a surprise? They must plan on re-signing Hillier?

While Markstrom has yet to find his place in the NHL and Lack was under the radar, prior to the Heritage Classic, behind Lou. And he was not great in that high profile game. Perhaps also partly (unfairly) blamed for Lou's departure?? Easy to see why public opinion would think Edmonton improved more.

I mean they got rid of Dubnyk!!! I would feel heavily encouraged if I was an Oiler fan.

Does not mean public will be right in the long run.

Easy to forget Ganger has a NHL record too.

Lack has been our player of the year as far as I'm concerned and, no, I do not fear for his confidence. He has played a lot of hockey at a high level and his attitude is second to none; I think he'll be fine. Ditto for Marky. I think Lack will be our goalie for a long time and he'll be great doing it. Whether the team in front of him is worthy will be the concern...

Archived