The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Did Shaky say that as well? I must have missed that... :unsure: Oh well, always room for another smart, old guy. ;)

BTW, I was watching the Yankees game when the guy fell. They had just sent A-Rod up to pinch hit. He was walking up to the batter's box when John Sterling said "Oh my gosh, someone just fell from the upper deck!" The play continued, as nobody on the field even noticed that it had happened.

After the at-bat, the TV crew cut to a quick shot of some stadium personnel and EMTs working on the injured man, although he was just at the opening of a tunnel and you couldn't see him at all.

Later that night, they said that he had passed away. Sad news and likely a catalyst for some new safety measures at sporting events.

Cant recall if I said it or not,,but I did want Tulo out of the leadoff spot..so it all makes sense.

That warning is way too soon. More mismanagement from the umps. Mismanagement, dunno if that's even a word.

Bob Davidson had a poor outing yesterday. And yes, I'm criticizing an umpire again. I don't really understand what's going on with the umps this season, but there seem to be far more poorly called games than there have been in the past.

Several obvious strikes were called balls and vice versa yesterday and it went both ways. What was really telling was at bats by Martin and McCann, who were both questioning calls. When you see that, it's almost always a case of "You weren't giving my guy that call..."

Don't get me started on the warning both benches thing. It wasn't intentional, IMO and I think that warnings should be issued to the guy doing the throwing anyway. Not the guy sitting in the dugout with his arm wrapped in a towel.

Haha a couple weeks ago people wanted EE traded.

It wasn't so much that we wanted him traded, it was more a case of who could we move for starting pitching that wouldn't require us trading the likes of Norris and Hoffman.

With Colabello sitting on the bench most games, EE seemed like the ideal candidate. Ironically, if he had gone on this tear before the trade deadline, it might have happened.

I have to admit that as much as I'm enjoying this streak of Edwing's, I'm torn between what we have now and the idea of him lighting it up somewhere else, while we still have Daniel Norris in the system. That being said, we wouldn't have Price without giving up Norris, so as Chuck said, it probably worked out for the best.

I gotta disagree with Zauns opinion of "ambush" Salazar. A better team first approach would be to be patient first time through, see what pitches are and aren't working for him, and get his pitch count up if you can. Start swinging early 2nd and 3rd time through if you see what you like.

I'll agree with those other than a couple exceptions. The middle of the order (especially Donaldson and EE) should be swinging at any pitch they think they can drive, whether it's the first pitch or the seventh (particularly with RISP). The Pillars and Reveres of the lineup should be working counts though.

I'll agree with those other than a couple exceptions. The middle of the order (especially Donaldson and EE) should be swinging at any pitch they think they can drive, whether it's the first pitch or the seventh (particularly with RISP). The Pillars and Reveres of the lineup should be working counts though.

I can live with that.