The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

What a frustrating team the Jays are. A rotation that has Gaussman, Berrios, Kikuchi, Bassett and Ryu. Who else has 5 starters like that? It's an embarrassment of riches. They were even able to swallow Manoah blowing up and not skip a beat.

The lineup has some great pieces as well. But the only guy who gets clutch hits is Danny Jansen. If that's the case you're in big trouble. Their numbers with runners in scoring position are terrible. They leave guys on base all over the place. So why do they just muddle along? Well if the bus is laying in the ditch I think you have to look at the driver don't you?

gettyimages-1417457084-1.thumb.webp.7da11e609845c090c2a59af48b0d215c.webp

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This guy sucks. He couldn't motivate a fat guy at a Dunkin' Donuts.

I'd fire him tonight. He's worse than Charlie Montoya. And as much as I hate to say this I'd can Donny Baseball too (that's Mattingly for you youngsters). No idea who I'd get to replace them but at this point you could dig up Sparky Anderson and he could do a better job.

Oh and before I forget. Fire the dumbass GM as well. Really good move trading Teoscar Hernandez. How does he keep his job?

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

The blow jays suck. Why bother watching these losers? They won't make the playoffs and considering the talent on this roster this is a complete farce. A blind monkey could have done a better job managing this team. Way to waste their competitive window Shatkins and fat ass Schneider.

How the hell do you not make the playoffs and contend with this group? It's time to give this management team and coaches the axe.

Watch the O's... they are the team the Jays could have and should have been.

10 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

What a frustrating team the Jays are. A rotation that has Gaussman, Berrios, Kikuchi, Bassett and Ryu. Who else has 5 starters like that? It's an embarrassment of riches. They were even able to swallow Manoah blowing up and not skip a beat.

The lineup has some great pieces as well. But the only guy who gets clutch hits is Danny Jansen. If that's the case you're in big trouble. Their numbers with runners in scoring position are terrible. They leave guys on base all over the place. So why do they just muddle along? Well if the bus is laying in the ditch I think you have to look at the driver don't you?

gettyimages-1417457084-1.thumb.webp.7da11e609845c090c2a59af48b0d215c.webp

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This guy sucks. He couldn't motivate a fat guy at a Dunkin' Donuts.

I'd fire him tonight. He's worse than Charlie Montoya. And as much as I hate to say this I'd can Donny Baseball too (that's Mattingly for you youngsters). No idea who I'd get to replace them but at this point you could dig up Sparky Anderson and he could do a better job.

Oh and before I forget. Fire the dumbass GM as well. Really good move trading Teoscar Hernandez. How does he keep his job?

Hitting strategist Dave Hudgens should get the boot. Not only for the teams evidently terrible hitting “strategy” but, on top of that, tweeting Q/Trump stuff from the dugout like thirty minutes before first pitch. If the team was tearing the cover off the ball it would be one thing, but him doing that while the team has the most flaccid offence we’ve seen since the Ricciardi days it’s almost like he’s asking to get canned. 

• Cheers 2

Todays game @ noon pacific

Jays 1.5 out of a wild card spot.

Ryu   2-1 1.89 era

Allen 6-6 3.31 era

Yesterday, prior to the loss, Buck was saying they needed to win 12 of their next 15, to make up ground and get a bit of a cushion.

Now they have to go 12-2 to get there.

Maybe Cito would be willing to finish this season as manager?

Then rebuild the organization during the off season.

Can't keep letting the years go by.

Hockey can't start soon enough.  Watching these guys underachieve is wearing really thin and I've been a fan since 1984.  At least when the Canucks suck we're dramatic about it.  There's something gutless about this version of the Jays:  lots of fun but no backbone.  I thought Keirmayer might provide that and he has a bit, but not enough to cover for Springer and Vladi.  We could use a bit of George Bell or Jose Bautista, not to mention Marcus Semien, in this lineup.  Most of the guys we've got are okay with losing.

• There it is 2

1 minute ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Hockey can't start soon enough.  Watching these guys underachieve is wearing really thin and I've been a fan since 1984.  At least when the Canucks suck we're dramatic about it.  There's something gutless about this version of the Jays:  lots of fun but no backbone.  I thought Keirmayer might provide that and he has a bit, but not enough to cover for Springer and Vladi.  We could use a bit of George Bell or Jose Bautista, not to mention Marcus Semien, in this lineup.  Most of the guys we've got are okay with losing.

Got the local M’s to pull for at least. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • There it is 1

One thing that has flown a bit under the radar is that while the M's have been red hot, the Rangers have cooled off. Seattle and Texas are now tied at the top of the AL West.

The Jays now have to reel in not only the Astros, but one of the Mariners or Rangers as well.....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

He’s just awful. Blessed with a good team so people look at his record and think he’s okay. Guy makes way too many boneheaded calls costing us games.

Bringing Romano in for the 8th instead of leaving Hicks in or going to Garcia then like I just don’t understand it. 

8 minutes ago, Pears said:

And once again Schneider’s managing costs us

That guy just terrible. Even a mediocre manager could have easily got this team to win a playoff round.  Jays need an experienced manager, enough with these no name rookies.

Some so called playoff push. These guys are done.

Say what you want about the pitching decisions the Jays had the game on their bats in the bottom of the 10th and failed to get it done again.

Their big players are not coming up clutch. Hard to win when that’s happening.

Say goodbye to the postseason.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Say what you want about the pitching decisions the Jays had the game on their bats in the bottom of the 10th and failed to get it done again.

Their big players are not coming up clutch. Hard to win when that’s happening.

Say goodbye to the postseason.

Not just the pitching decisions, but boneheaded moves like pinch running Kiermaier for Schneider who’s probably our best hitter right now and isn’t a slouch running the bases, and giving Espinal the green light. Lack of discipline at the plate with risp all year tells me that’s all on the coaching refusing to make any adjustments.