The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

8 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

It seems so simple :lol:

I was flipping back and forth between the Jays and Game 7 last night (mostly watching hockey) and I thought the Jays 5-1 lead was pretty safe too. Imagine my dismay when I flipped back and it was 5-5…

12-0 now.....I think they can hang on...

Meanwhile, Italy - Austria is going into extra time...would be so awesome if the Austrians could pull this one out.

18 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

12-0 now.....I think they can hang on...

Meanwhile, Italy - Austria is going into extra time...would be so awesome if the Austrians could pull this one out.

At this point I wouldn’t be upset to see them try Pearson in relief. 

• Upvote 2

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/report-blue-jays-trade-for-dickerson-and-cimber/ar-AALAcYb?ocid=uxbndlbing

"

The Blue Jays have acquired Corey Dickerson and Adam Cimber from the Miami Marlins, per reports

The Blue Jays have jumped the market.

View the original article to see embedded media.

After the latest week of bullpen uncertainty, the Toronto Blue Jays have reportedly swung a deal to acquire outfielder Corey Dickerson and reliever Adam Cimber from the Miami Marlins, per Jon Heyman.

According to Heyman, Toronto will be sending back Panik and a minor league arm to complete the deal. The deal has not been confirmed by either club at this time, and further details are unknown.

At face value, the trade address to solve two of Toronto's biggest needs: bullpen help and left-handed power. With Rowdy Tellez in Triple-A, Panik was Toronto's primary LH bench bat most days, and Dickerson will now join Cavan Biggio and Reese McGuire as the only active left-handed hitters on the team. He has a career .847. OPS v RHP and reached 27 homers during an All Star season with the Tampa Bay Rays in 2017. 

Dickerson currently has an undisclosed foot injury and Marlins manager Don Mattingly said MRIs were "not very promising," but the Blue Jays will have to sign off on medical reports before the deal is processed. 

The addition of Cimber will have an immediate impact on Toronto's relief depth. He does not register many strikeouts with his mid-80s fastball, but Cimber is a fastball/slider veteran reliever who has over 170 innings of experience as a major league RP. With a 2.88 ERA and 3.32 FIP this season, Cimber has been one of Miami's best bullpen arms in 34.1 IP.

Dickerson is an expiring free agent making $8.75 million this year, while Cimber has two years of control after 2021 and a $925,000 salary this season. Panik was a free agent at the end of the season, making $1.85 million in 2021.

Further details to follow."

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Corey Dickerson to Toronto.  Definitely an upgrade over Panik!

Looks really good on paper.....

Dickerson is on the DL right now, but he's a left handed power bat. Something the Jays lack at the moment.

Cimber is a side armer, who, (according to Ben Nicholson-Smith) induces a lot of ground balls and soft contact. Fastball is in the high 80s, so doesn't strike anyone out. Still, he looks like a solid pickup for those late inning situations against righties, with men on and less than 2 outs...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, gurn said:

So this part is very concerning

"Dickerson currently has an undisclosed foot injury and Marlins manager Don Mattingly said MRIs were "not very promising," 

Yeah, the team doctors will have to weigh in for sure....

Still, if they're confident that CD can be back sometime mid-summer, (or earlier) I like the deal. Panik has been somewhat redundant since Biggio returned anyway and we still have Espinal as the extra infielder....

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, gurn said:

If Dickerson gets healthy, maybe someone else gets moved for still more bullpen help?

I bet they wouldn't mind moving Grichuk, but at three more years at 10 million plus, i have to wonder if anyone would be interested....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I bet they wouldn't mind moving Grichuk, but at three more years at 10 million plus, i have to wonder if anyone would be interested....

He seems to be prolonging his usual hot start this year, so perhaps they can sell high.