The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis Fired

Strombone1

Fan Poll  

324 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ooo another delusional gillis fan. news flash. he is the worse gm in our history. he dismantled this team.see treatment of Luongo and our return for 2 elite goalies to answer your next question

Worst GM?

Multiple 2nd round playoff berths, 2 pres trophies SCF game 7 5 straight division titles.

Seriously, check your clown shoes for BS because you obviously have NO idea what you're talking about

Worst GM in our history....seriously, some peoples children

MG had his shot, got close to the cup.

he failed to adjust to the new rules/style, and the teams after that couldn't compete against physical teams.

injury bug was a huge prob this yr, but the overall make up is still not tough enough.

as for drafting young guys, jury still out on horvat, shinkara etc.

the bigger question is who is next?

they better get someone w real experience. No more stupid making goalie the captain, 12 yr contract stuff.

I did.

But never did I think for a minute that the owner would decide to remain the defacto GM and hire Jay Feaster as a puppet to lead this team going forward.

My whole reason for supporting MG's firing was to hopefully bring in a bright and respected GM that would be able to push back on the ownerships meddling in hockey op's.

What we're seeing now is the complete opposite in my view, with the owners now putting themselves in position to actually become even more involved.

This is not a good situation at all.

This would be the worst possible scenario.

Not really a fan of the idea of bringing in Feaster or Burke, but I'd prefer it to bringing in Trevor Linden. I think it would be a huge mistake to bring in an inexperienced GM.

I'd be okay with Nicholson or Nazzy, but quite honestly, I'd prefer Gilman.

I know the prevailing sentiment is that the GM and assistant GMs are joined at the hip, but I don't really see it that way. Every team needs a Capologist, which Gilman is and he has spent time as an assistant, which is something I feel every GM should do.

Look at Yzerman and Jim Nill. They did their time working under Ken Holland and look where they are now.

I agree Rupe.......I think it's Gilman's job to lose. That said, I can see them hiring a prez firs and then taking some time to hire a GM

Big mistake.

I agree Torts should have been the one to go he is an ignorant man. One who lives in the states one who couldnt move to cananda with his big contract. To me that is not a Team Player so wrong on all levels enough said

I swear to god I cannot wait to see the bulk of you cheering about Gillis being canned doing a quick 180 when feaster is announced as the GM

You're going to be crying for a LONG time

Feaster takes over it will make Keenan years look good in comparison

I feel where you're coming from but this is in the same ballpark as people wishing Kassian failure to prove themselves right about the Hodgson trade.

IF Feaster (uggh I just through up in my mouth a little) does in fact get hired I will pray to the FSM every day that he does a good job and return this team to lengthy playoff runs.

I swear to god I cannot wait to see the bulk of you cheering about Gillis being canned doing a quick 180 when feaster is announced as the GM

You're going to be crying for a LONG time

Feaster takes over it will make Keenan years look good in comparison

Gillis is an awful GM. Feaster sucks to. I want Paul Fenton to be given an interview (preds assistant GM). He does all the scouting which is a HUGE problem on this team

if Feaster is brought in to replace Gillis, I am done with this team. Officially.

I'm not a member of the Gillis fan club necessarily, but I would take Gillis for another 10 years over Feaster for 2 years.

It's CDC's #1 "Real" fan, here to call Gillis a "classless buffoon" and the rest of us "tools".

Your bridge is calling.

Yep - I'm glad to see my wishes are coming true. Canucks look to be drafting somewhere around 7th instead of 14th. Gillis is fired.

Now we just need to hire a GM with some class, and we're making headway to having a good season ahead of us.

You can quote me on that.

Such a stupid, knee-jerk move. I hope Gilman is ready...

You are not the first to use the term "knee-jerk." What is so jerkish about it?

Even if we speculate that he has drafted well, there is so much that reaks of unprofessionalism.

Dregs still sticking to the script about Linden. Is he trying to save a better candidate for President to help save Nonis' butt?

I'll wait until I see something concrete that Linden's involved at all before I believe it.

It makes sense to bring Trev in as a figure head, his presence will get the seasons tickets renewed.

Trev "hires" a new GM and then slips out the back door to cash his check.

You can only play the Linden card once, it's the owners "Get out of jail free" equivalent. So I hope they know what they are doing.

I'm far from delusional.

The timing is poor if the ownership doesn't have a replacement who is a definite upgrade. I'm skeptical about that point.

This doesn't seem like a planned move. This seems reactionary and more aligned to ticket sales than hockey operations.

I'm seriously concerned about the owners of this team right now.. They are a larger potential problem than MG ever was.

I very much hope they go for the asst GM route. as I said earlier, Botterill out of Pittsburgh woiuld be great. Shero is a great GM and I'm betting JB has learned a ton

Yeah the anti-Gillis crowd is celebrating now but this smacks of ownership being reactionary, panicky and further hints at them being overly involved in hockey operations...

That makes me worried but we'll see who they plan on having replace him (and likely Torts) before I form a concrete opinion on the move.

I am worried that ownership brings in a 'yes' man, who keeps Torts. As bad as this year was, it will get worse if ownership keeps meddling.

if Feaster is brought in to replace Gillis, I am done with this team. Officially.

I'm not a member of the Gillis fan club necessarily, but I would take Gillis for another 10 years over Feaster for 2 years.

Word

Bob Nicholson in town apparently

Archived