The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

K-Conn where art thou?

Boudrias

I don't think you'll find anyone to argue that the Roy trade was a good one in hindsight.

It was a chance to go all in and we whiffed hard, doesn't mean it was awful at the time.

it was awful then and is awful now. if you are trying to go all in, Roy is NOT the guy to go after. Utica could have used Nauts, hell we could have used Nauts at times.

Eh I'm actually ok with it. We were looking pretty deep on D at the time of the trade, and grabbing Stanton filled any void that was left in depth. So what we actually did was develop a later pick so that we could make a push at the time. This is indicative of a wealthy team, being able to create players out of picks and turn those into roster players. I mean if we're able to consistently make NHLers out of guys like say, Grenier and Corrado, and then in turn flip those guys for much needed stars like Carter and Richards ( recent trade examples of prospects for stars), then we continue to get better.

He's 24 with 36 NHL game played.

Corrado is 3 years younger and already has half of those games played (18).

Tanev is 2 months older than Connauton and already has 150 games under his belt.

We gave up an offensive/utility 5-6th defenseman at best. Kind of a Weber type of player.

Tanev is 2 months older than Connauton and already has 150 games under his belt.

We gave up an offensive/utility 5-6th defenseman at best. Kind of a Weber type of player.

I've been watching him play during the Dallas games, and honestly he's looked very very good.

I'd say he has top 4 potential, 'cause for only having 36 games played he looks so solid.

I was choked when it happened left scratching my head, Roy,,, guy wanted big money too he was tiny and injury riddled with zero chance of resigning, was a terrible trade, lost a great D prospect and a second round pick in a deep draft, POOP

Well MG is a moron of epic degrees but this wasn't so bad after all of his other blunders. After signing The Great Sweedish Idiot to a moronic 5 year deal when he already had 3 similar top 4 d's on long contracts there was no way Kevin C was going to play anyway. So that's a moot point.

That's what happens when your GM logjams your team with 3rd liners, half-assed D's and NTC's, and no flexibility on you NHL roster and no ability to bring players up. You can't even give young talent a chance to play. Not even a game.

If he was still here he'd still be on the Comets with zero games played in the NHL.

This. It was really no big loss, for a gamble that looked good early, but didn't pay off.

K-Conn looks to be nothing particularly special. He doesn't provide anymore than guys who are endlessly available for cheap (Weber, Diaz, etc.).

He may develop into something better...but really, at absolute most, he could end up a MA Bergeron type - a guy who scores lots of points, but is rarely retained due to other deficiencies. Even in the AHL, he was -7 in 9 games for Texas in last year's playoffs.

Well MG is a moron of epic degrees but this wasn't so bad after all of his other blunders. After signing The Great Sweedish Idiot to a moronic 5 year deal when he already had 3 similar top 4 d's on long contracts there was no way Kevin C was going to play anyway. So that's a moot point.

That's what happens when your GM logjams your team with 3rd liners, half-assed D's and NTC's, and no flexibility on you NHL roster and no ability to bring players up. You can't even give young talent a chance to play. Not even a game.

If he was still here he'd still be on the Comets with zero games played in the NHL.

Wow. Bitter I get but ... How can you possibly ignore all the good stuff the guy did??

Archived