The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

And just throwing this out there:

Marty St.Louis wanted to get out of Tampa like how Kes wants out. Marty is 39 years old(!!!!) and he got Callahan (top 6 winger who is 29 years old), a 1st in this years draft & a 1st in next years draft.

Now you compare the value of Kesler and St.Louis yourself lol...telling me teams aren't willing to pay up for a gem of a contract and player in Kesler? Well then gtfo...ridiculous!

Who are you responding to?

Not if Vancouver retained salary

Interesting idea. Could be worth it in 3-4 years time. But you would hate to have that salary haunt us in 15-16 when Bjustad, TT, and whoever else that has expiring contracts and we wouldn't be able to fit under cap. I am just using those two as an example I don't know when their contracts expire

Here is why GMJB is in one hell of a plum position right now imo.

Teams can lowball and bluff all they want, but when push comes to shove, whether or not teams like the mystery teams or St Louis Blues have serious intent and interest in Kesler or not, they nevertheless have an interest in getting into the bidding game. None of the rival contenders in the Western Conference stand to gain anything by remaining idle in this process - they stand to lose if a team like Chicago or Anaheim managed to get a deal done without paying a significant price to do so. So as far as I'm concerned, this process levels out and in the end the demand for Kesler meets market value - which I consider to be set by deals like the Richards, Carter, Nash deals.

I still think a club like St Louis might make the most sense in the end - Tarasenko, Sobotka, Hakanpaa.

But for fun I'm going out into left field and propose something extremely unlikely, but which nevertheless I find interesting and not entirely crazy.

Kesler to Chicago

Sharp, Teravainen, and the 6th overall to Florida

1st overall, Bjugstad, Petrovic to Vancouver.

Kaboom!

Funny thing is; the left field deal looks a hella lot more plausible than a St Louis deal based on that proposal.

I really don't see Tarsenko going ANYWHERE... Nor does St Lou seem a good partner for us? They could use Spezza, or Stastny, more as they have a gob of two way center's. We already have Shinkaruk, so Rattie (who's name has surfaced I think) is sorta something we have already. Their pick is lower. Why do we want Berglund back when we have Gaunce and Horvat...

I gotta admit. The three way sounds as exciting as a three way always does! :ph34r:

Here is why GMJB is in one hell of a plum position right now imo.

Teams can lowball and bluff all they want, but when push comes to shove, whether or not teams like the mystery teams or St Louis Blues have serious intent and interest in Kesler or not, they nevertheless have an interest in getting into the bidding game. None of the rival contenders in the Western Conference stand to gain anything by remaining idle in this process - they stand to lose if a team like Chicago or Anaheim managed to get a deal done without paying a significant price to do so. So as far as I'm concerned, this process levels out and in the end the demand for Kesler meets market value - which I consider to be set by deals like the Richards, Carter, Nash deals.

I still think a club like St Louis might make the most sense in the end - Tarasenko, Sobotka, Hakanpaa.

But for fun I'm going out into left field and propose something extremely unlikely, but which nevertheless I find interesting and not entirely crazy.

Kesler to Chicago

Sharp, Teravainen, and the 6th overall to Florida

1st overall, Bjugstad, Petrovic to Vancouver.

Kaboom!

St Louis is not on Keslers list of teams so what they offer is irrelevant.

Trade Kesler and a 3rd or 4th line player ( Hansen?) to Anaheim for their two 1st rnd picks.plus a quality prospect. Trade Anaheims 10th plus our 6th to move up in the draft and take Reinhardt or Drasaitl. If it is not possible to move up, trade the two Anaheim picks for a top 10 pick in 2015 if the players that you want this year are already taken.

Trading Hansen makes room for one of our prospects to break in. We have to make room on the 3rd line for some young talent to get some playing time.

It's a retro-proposal for what people wanted last summer(or was that TWO yrs back?!) for Luongo.

You won't see 2 major US markets being so amenable/agreeable to a Cdn one.

The value would be fine, & I hope JB can fetch the equivalent, but I'd be surprised to see such cooperation.

Yes, I proposed something similar - and quite different - in a Luongo deal - two years ago - before the new CBA, etc - except that of course there was no 6th and 1st overall involved.

I don't see the cooperation as a problem at all - first of all, Tallon has cut plenty of deals with the Canucks, and second, likewise where the Hawks are concerned - in fact he built the 1st version of their SC team. There really is very little conflicting interest between Chicago and Florida or Vancouver and Florida imo.

St Louis is not on Keslers list of teams so what they offer is irrelevant.

A list of two is pretty obnoxious imo, and either way, I haven't seen the list nor do I believe anyone aside from a few prinicples really knows the extent of it.

Yes, I proposed something similar - and quite different - in a Luongo deal - two years ago - before the new CBA, etc - except that of course there was no 6th and 1st overall involved.

I don't see the cooperation as a problem at all - first of all, Tallon has cut plenty of deals with the Canucks, and second, likewise where the Hawks are concerned - in fact he built the 1st version of their SC team. There really is very little conflicting interest between Chicago and Florida or Vancouver and Florida imo.

Yeah News, & your proposals often age like good cabernet should. After mulling this over, my glass is empty.

One prob I see(HF Boards) is it appears their fanbase has an infatuation with "Bjugs". Is Huberdeau is possible replacement? In your deal, I'd even include Stanton to FLO, & cover a couple mill of Kes(to get your proposed pieces). Bjustad & Rhino or Ek, has got to be a pipe-dream.

Another question. Would Hossa work, if Sharp wouldn't go? I could see Tallon loving TT next to Barkov...

So, here's an interesting thought!

Kesler stated a few months ago that he hopes he retires as a Canuck.

Could this be, trade Kesler to Anaheim or Chicago etc, wins cup with one of them. Contract expires in a couple of years, returns to newly energized and youthful Canucks and helps mentor them to a cup here!

I'd be good with that outcome!

No, I really don't believe that will happen, but speculation is fun!!!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-Jaeckel/Latest-On-Kesler-Bowman-On-A-Mission-More/128/60906

Follow JJ on Twitter @jaeckel!

I heard the following from three sources in the last hour. Much to report on the Hawks' pursuit of Ryan Kesler.

Kesler's list consists of Chicago, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Tampa, Anaheim and Colorado. Right now, the best offers are coming from Chicago and Anaheim (this, from all three sources).

Stan Bowman is "on a mission" to secure Kesler, and John McDonough has authorized a major move, not excluding dealing Teuvo Teravainen.

The Hawks, I'm told, spoke today with Kesler's agent, Kurt Overhardt, who does not (to the best of my knowledge) represent any current Hawks—but did represent Steve Montador.

The latest package I have heard being offered is Marcus Kruger, a top prospect and a draft pick. Again, Canuck fans will wrinkle their noses, but Kruger is often asked for (and flatly denied) in trade discussions the Hawks have with other teams.

Another scenario being floated out there is that the Hawks are trying to involve a third team with a top 5 pick, that would then be packaged to Vancouver to Kesler and, in turn, to Dale Tallon to land Vancouver the top pick overall.

Yeah News, & your proposals often age like good cabernet should. After mulling this over, my glass is empty.

One prob I see(HF Boards) is it appears their fanbase has an infatuation with "Bjugs". Is Huberdeau is possible replacement? In your deal, I'd even include Stanton to FLO, & cover a couple mill of Kes(to get your proposed pieces). Bjustad & Rhino or Ek, has got to be a pipe-dream.

Another question. Would Hossa work, if Sharp wouldn't go? I could see Tallon loving TT next to Barkov...

Bjugstad, at 20/21, led his NHL team in scoring last year. He's also near 220 lbs. Whats not to infatuate over?

Archived