The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] benning wants reinhart

I would offer Garrison, Jensen, and the 6th overall pick for the 1st overall pick and a cap dump.

Florida gets a "win now" trade with a top 4 defenseman who's played on their team before and a current top 9 winger with the potential to be a top 6 winger, while at the same time getting the 6th overall pick to select an elite offensive player for the future. Guys like Horvat and Gaunce are still a few years away from being NHL ready, whereas Jensen already has some seasoning in a professional setting. They already have two big centres in Barkov and Bjugstad, so filling in the wings would likely be their goal.

IMO a pretty good deal for Florida, but does it outshine Toronto's rumoured offer of Phaneuf, Kadri, and the 8th? The 8th might be too low of a pick to guarantee Nylander/Ehlers but Kapanen should be left on the board then.

Thoughts?

I like it if we swapped Jensen with Hansen. Don't want to give Jensen up, the kid has got a laser shot.

Or even Tanev+ Hansen + 6th overall would be fine too.

I highly doubt just Garrison and the 6th would work. It seems way too much of an underpayment, in my opinion. I think a more accurate offer in value would be Garrison, Jensen, and the 6th overall pick for the 1st overall pick and a cap dump, and that might not be enough with the rumoured Toronto offer.

Florida gets a "win now" trade with a top 4 defenseman who's played on their team before and a current top 9 winger with the potential to be a top 6 winger, while at the same time getting the 6th overall pick to select an elite offensive player for the future. Guys like Horvat and Gaunce are still a few years away from being NHL ready, whereas Jensen already has some seasoning in a professional setting. They already have two big centres in Barkov and Bjugstad, so filling in the wings would likely be their goal.

IMO a pretty good deal for Florida, but does it outshine Toronto's rumoured offer of Phaneuf, Kadri, and the 8th? The 8th might be too low of a pick to guarantee Nylander/Ehlers but Kapanen should be left on the board then.

Thoughts?

Yeah, that assumes the rumoured TO deal has any truth to it though. I might add Grenier or LaBate to that, but not Jensen at this point, and not to take Jovo back as a cap dump. I don't understand Jovo coming back anyway, since it's possible he retires. That's good for Florida, they don't have to pay him but still get his cap hit (it's a 35+ contract).

Just spitballing, but what if we could go all in with this draft?

Garrison, 6th

for

1st

Kesler

for

Vatanen, 10th, 24th

10th, Hansen, Tanev (doesn't sound right, might have to be more/different pieces, suggestions?)

for

2nd

Draft:

Reinhart

Ekblad

Burrows Sedin Jensen

Sedin Santorelli Kassian

Higgins Horvat Matthias

Sestito Richardson Lain

Archibald Schroeder

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Vatanen

Stanton Corrado

Weber

Lack

Markstrom

Ekblad and Reinhart get another year in junior unless they really impress. If they did make it:

Burrows Sedin Jensen

Sedin Reinhart Kassian

Higgins Horvat Santorelli

Matthias Richardson Lain

Sestito Schroeder

Hamhuis Ekblad

Edler Vatanen

Stanton Bieksa

Weber/Corrado

I'd do that in a minute to move Garrison out of here, he hasn't fit in at all, too slow, never did see that big shot he was suppose to have, and to land Ekblad or even a Reinhart it would free up some cap.

I highly doubt just Garrison and the 6th would work. It seems way too much of an underpayment, in my opinion. I think a more accurate offer in value would be Garrison, Jensen, and the 6th overall pick for the 1st overall pick and a cap dump, and that might not be enough with the rumoured Toronto offer.

Thoughts?

My thoughts? Price is too high. Rather spend less, keep Garrison/Jensen/6th and try to pry the 5th from NYI for one of Tanev/Hansen + and trade Kesler for Vatanen, 10th+.

Then we pick two of whoever's left of Draisaitl, MDC, Nylander and Virtanen with the 5th and 6th picks and Fleury with the 10th.

Suddenly we have say MDC, Nylander, Vatanen and Fleury.

I'd do that in a minute to move Garrison out of here, he hasn't fit in at all, too slow, never did see that big shot he was suppose to have, and to land Ekblad or even a Reinhart it would free up some cap.

I don't mind Garrison at all, we just need to find the right fit for him. If that's the deal they accept, I take it though.

My thoughts? Price is too high. Rather spend less, keep Garrison/Jensen/6th and try to pry the 5th from NYI for one of Tanev/Hansen + and trade Kesler for Vatanen, 10th+.

Then we pick two of whoever's left of Draisaitl, MDC, Nylander and Virtanen with the 5th and 6th picks and Fleury with the 10th.

Suddenly we have say MDC, Nylander, Vatanen and Fleury.

Yeah, I think some of the proposed stuff is a bit wishful thinking on what Florida can get for the 1st when they only want the 5th or lower. Maybe someone offers more, but hard to sweeten the deal considering they move down to a position they'd like and get a favourite player.

The other option of keeping the 6th and going after the 5th (10th as well? instead of the 5th?) is pretty tempting too since we don't have to give up nearly as much.

The other option of keeping the 6th and going after the 5th (10th as well? instead of the 5th?) is pretty tempting too since we don't have to give up nearly as much.

5th, 6th and 10th, so yes "as well". So long as the rumoured Kesler to ANA thing happens anyways (I'm doubtful).

Either way I'd still like to pry the 5th from NYI, Kesler trade or not. IMO the price will be WAY lower and we don't have to give up non-redundant assets.

IMO, Garrison (and Jensen!) + MDC + Nylander >>> Reinhart.

Horvat + 6th + Tanev for 1st + Gudbranson?

I like Bo, but you gotta do what you gotta do to get better and Reinhart will be one hell of a player for us.

Horvat should be considered untouchable. What about take him out and make it Tanev and the 6th for Gudbranson and the 1st? Maybe add a touch more from our end.

Why do we want any late first round picks? (All those wanting to trade Kesler) This drafts been said to be weak, and next years is said to be the best in a long long time.

They can be used to trade up to get Reinhart, also I think Nikolay Goldobin could be a great late first round steal.

Just spitballing, but what if we could go all in with this draft?

Garrison, 6th

for

1st

Kesler

for

Vatanen, 10th, 24th

10th, Shinkaruk, Tanev

for

2nd, Grigorenko

Draft:

Reinhart

Ekblad

Burrows Sedin Jensen

Sedin Santorelli Kassian

Higgins Horvat Matthias

Sestito Richardson Lain

Archibald Schroeder

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Vatanen

Stanton Corrado

Weber

Lack

Markstrom

Ekblad and Reinhart get another year in junior unless they really impress. If they did make it:

Burrows Sedin Jensen

Sedin Reinhart Kassian

Higgins Horvat Santorelli

Matthias Richardson Lain

Sestito Schroeder

Hamhuis Ekblad

Edler Vatanen

Stanton Bieksa

Weber/Corrado

EDIT: changing around the Buffalo deal. Hard finding an obvious fit there, maybe it's better adjusted from Hansen to Shinkaruk since their weak on left wing (especially if they buy out Leino) but then we get Grigorenko back on top of the pick.

That changes around the lineup a bit, but we could look at trading Hansen still, or not re-sign Santorelli or a similar move.

Who do we draft at 24? And yes to Hansen over Shink, it gives Buffalo the appearance of trying to maintain some respectability in the league while still tanking

Who do we draft at 24? And yes to Hansen over Shink, it gives Buffalo the appearance of trying to maintain some respectability in the league while still tanking

Good question? I'd love to see Fiala or something like that there, but there are plenty of options. That far down in the draft it gets pretty hard to predict who might still be there, so feel free to suggest.

But does Buffalo even want Hansen? top 9 guy (maybe top 6 for them) but plays the right side. They already have Stafford, and still have Stewart at this point so I'm not sure a RW is a key for them.

Interesting reports about Tallon being very high on Nylander. I do have a feeling we will get Reinhart. I think Florida is looking for an established dman. Don't think NYI would give up Hamonic to move up 5 spots, don't know if Hickey is a good enough return.

Carolina has nothing.

Toronto has Phaneuf, but the trade is obviously very complicated.

The Canucks on the other hand will have 5 dmen making good money (once Tanev gets his raise). Bieksa/Tanev would be the exact kind of players Florida would want in return.

I don't mind Garrison at all, we just need to find the right fit for him. If that's the deal they accept, I take it though.

Yeah, I think some of the proposed stuff is a bit wishful thinking on what Florida can get for the 1st when they only want the 5th or lower. Maybe someone offers more, but hard to sweeten the deal considering they move down to a position they'd like and get a favourite player.

The idea of going for the 5th & other picks is pretty enticing adding 2 potential top 6 players in one draft is pretty insane (especially if NYI goes for the deal and CGY or EDM go off the board a little bit with their pick) having 1 or both of MDC & Draisaitl would be a huge boost to the pool

I want a few million dollars but just because I want it doesn't mean I will get it.

Yeah thanks for clearing that up for no one... No where does anyone say we will get him for sure nor does anyone believe we are for sure getting him making this post pointless. It just means Benning is making calls to try acquire him. Thanks for nothing sir.

Good debate going here. Early pages I didn't like Boho & our pick for the #1; so suggested him in a 3 for 2(eg:Tanev, Horvat #6 for Kulikov/Gudb & #1). No only was I curious about Rhino's value, I was also wondering how CDC still valued the Ox.

Judging from various comments(ranging), I'm guessing it might take something like this(whether that's wise, I've NO IDEA). Spitballin' here..not hard-sellin.

So howz'bout Gaunce instead?

Gaunce, Garrison/Tanev, #6 pick.

Flor: #1 pick, Kulikov. ...Would we need to add a middling pick for balance? AGAIN(for the melodramatic-bunch:this is value ESTIMATION. I DON'T have Tallon on the line, at this moment).

Archived