The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Aaron Rome waived, Dallas to use CBO

Gerg

Still amazes me how defencemen like Subban can get more than 9 mill per and Rome can't.

This. If Holmgren was still gm I think we would see romer get his value.

7 years 7 million per. LOCKEMUPBABBYYYY. Holmgren style.

If Aaron Rome played a bigger part in Van than some fans thought warranted they should look at the roster and the injuries. He was never penciled in to be more than a #6 or 7 and yet played a pretty decent game when called upon. I suggest that fans who take comfort calling a player like him down never played the game and have little idea what it takes.

Who the hell buys out a depth defenseman making only $1.5M for 1 year? They have cap space.

Probably the greatest dman of all time. I'd waive Bobby Orr for this beauty.

Still amazes me how defencemen like Subban can get more than 9 mill per and Rome can't.

This. If Holmgren was still gm I think we would see romer get his value.

7 years 7 million per. LOCKEMUPBABBYYYY. Holmgren style.

The guy hit like Stevens and had the hockey IQ of Lidstrom.

Can we retire his number already?

:lol:

That doesn't make sense. I can see how they wouldn't want to just waive him again and hope someone gets him, but they don't need the cap space that much and they actually have $20M in cap space to sign 6-7 more players.None of their UFAs are due for significant money beyond Fiddler and Roussel at $1-2M and Whitney at $4M+. I would have thought they'd use a regular buyout if anything, but it's the same result for a payout so whatever.

They don't need him, might as well use the tools they were given.

Love it that people always think it was AV who "ruined" Ballard. Aside how majority of the other Canucks thrived under AV's coaching, Ballard's stats were never great before he came to Vancouver.

Yeah, the concussion he suffered five games after arriving in Vancouver, then the MCL, then the back injury...all AV's fault of course.

Again last year, Yeo ruining Ballard's career by giving him another concussion and a groin injury.

Guy just can't find a good coach.

That said, not many people realize how good he actually was before that rash of injuries - should have a closer look at his time in Florida and Phoenix.

Dallas should have dealt Rome to Toronto for Clarkson, a 1st, and whatever other top up it would take to get rid of that ridiculous brain cramp of a deal. Dallas could have used the CBO on Clarkson and bought themselves some assets.

Clarkson's deal is signed after the new CBA, don't think you can use CBO on it. Toronto is screwed and stuck with that contract.

lol.. why are ppl like omg why would they use a CBO on a 1year 1.5mil contract!?!?!? how about the owner gets to save 500k to say donate to a charity or something rather than pay a player that'll probably not even make it out of training camp?? it's the last year of CBO and they ain't going to use it on anyone.. so why not use it to rid someone that's probably not even going to make the team?

Can we please stop talking about Rome? I try to not waste my time with things that don't matter lol

One may argue that if it wasn't for Rome's hit on Horton, Canucks would have won the cup since that hit ignited the whole Bruin line up. That that alone would probably have made him one of the most hated Canuck of all time :P

One may argue that if it wasn't for Rome's hit on Horton, Canucks would have won the cup since that hit ignited the whole Bruin line up. That that alone would probably have made him one of the most hated Canuck of all time :P

Romer was a beauty. AT THE TIME in the NHL that was NOT a suspendable hit. Also longest suspension in SCF history.

Romer was a solid part of the best team Vancouver has ever had who was robbed of a cup because of the refs and nhl

Romer was a beauty. AT THE TIME in the NHL that was NOT a suspendable hit. Also longest suspension in SCF history.

Romer was a solid part of the best team Vancouver has ever had who was robbed of a cup because of the refs and nhl

You mean like Luongo's contract looked good at the time but long term turned out to be a disaster?

Archived