The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN aquires Derek Dorsett

Everyone hold the phone, when did Desjardins win the WHL with Medicine Hat??

Pretty sure Dorsett was on that team

'06-'07.

Astute observation skills. That's exactly why he's now a Canucks.

Good work.

The price seems pretty steep, especially considering we could probably get the same type of player in FA. Not terrible though, maybe he sees something in Dorsett we don't.

Or Willie did, as the guy above you posted. He played on a previous Willie team apparently.

So is that Dorsett and Sbisa who have played under Willie before? I see what JB is doing here.

The price seems pretty steep, especially considering we could probably get the same type of player in FA. Not terrible though, maybe he sees something in Dorsett we don't.

This move feels like salt in the wound.

Hopefully we can get the better end of the deal in atleast one of the 15 more trades we will make today. :lol:

As of now, our 2014-15 lineup is...

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Burrows Bonino Kassian

Higgins Horvat Hansen

Matthias Richardson Dorsett

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Sbisa Corrado

Lack

Markstrom

That and a TON of capspace, we're actually looking alright. But please, keep going Benning. This is extremely entertaining.

:canucks:

3rd rounder? Pretty bad IMO.

I give a 4th at most for Dorsett.

I was sad when CBJ Traded him. He's better than he appears, but was redundant with Boll.

Now the Canucks have him. He'll be a fan fav here; he's a big guy who is not afraid to run against anybody. And he won't put up many points, but he's surprisingly decent at defensive positioning if he can keep a cooler head. Great game situational player. He'll piss off the Getslaf's etc. and perhaps even take them out for 5 minutes.

As of now, our 2014-15 lineup is...

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Burrows Bonino Kassian

Higgins Horvat Hansen

Matthias Richardson Dorsett

I LOVE the way you think. I'd have those six set exactly like that, not to mention we might snag someone from free agency.

Archived