The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

:(

ugh. Already had a major injury and surgery, and he is not even in the NHL. Only 26 assists and his numbers were inflated by a carreer year by his overage line mate.

Just because he's a local kid. Stupid reason to draft him. So far this management has disappointed.

So disappointed. Virtanen can. Skate and hit and shoot. All is great except he can't think the game and can't pass. 26 assists? So frustrating. Future 3rd liner

Absolutely not who I wanted us to pick.. HOWEVER, he's our prospect now so I'm going to root for the guy and hope he reached his ceiling or even betters that.

Also looks like I need to change my signature now, haha.

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb).

The Canucks are notoriously well-known for screwing up on their draft picks. Just another one to add to the collection.

• Upvote 4

Obviously we disagree, and that's ok. I follow the Jets very closely and know that they are not re-signing Frolik, in large part because of this reason particularly. Ehlers is also too good to go back and play in the QMJHL next season. The Jets have a big team and Ehlers will be well protected and given plenty of room.

Anyway, glad Virtanen has been picking it up as of late. Never been a fan of his nor what appeared at the time to be Benning selecting Virtanen in large part because he's a local kid. Those were the optics of it anyway. But happy he's been playing better.

Obviously we disagree, and that's ok. I follow the Jets very closely and know that they are not re-signing Frolik, in large part because of this reason particularly. Ehlers is also too good to go back and play in the QMJHL next season. The Jets have a big team and Ehlers will be well protected and given plenty of room.

Anyway, glad Virtanen has been picking it up as of late. Never been a fan of his nor what appeared at the time to be Benning selecting Virtanen in large part because he's a local kid. Those were the optics of it anyway. But happy he's been playing better.

So being rated fastest skater, having the second best shot and being the most physical player in the draft didnt do it for you eh?

Patrick Kane? I agree, that level of player is very hard to come across - for a second round pick or otherwise!

Oh, wait... you were talking about Evander Kane since he's a big tough forward, but trying to discount the availability of smaller, highly skilled players by choosing some who have yet to be exceptional. That can be said for big, tough forwards as well when they haven't quite panned out to the ceiling people were expecting.

Nylander and Ehlers won't be available for the same value we spent on Baertschi unless something goes sideways. Certainly no one's projecting Sam Bennett's value - at 18 or otherwise - to drop from the level it's been at since the draft and he's a smaller forward.

Meanwhile CBJ is pretty happy to part with Rychel right now (they might be wishing they'd picked Theodore now) and Mantha has had a less than exciting season in Detroit's system. So it's not all roses for the big guys.

We need more GM's to publicly embarrass their high end prospects!!

I can't wait until our top two scorers in franchise history are gone and we replace them with 50/50 nhlers either.

hahaha lol... A lot of people could all of a sudden be hit by a hammer of reality.

Lets hope they all exceed expectation...

• Upvote 1

virtanen, biertchi, mccann,cassels, gaunce, horvat, kenins, shinkaruk will all be gamers so pumped for post sedins era

If you are going to talk about BAERTSCHIAt least spell it right

Baertschi BEARTSCHI BAERTSCHI Baertschi BAERTSCHI BAERTSCHI Baertschi BAERTSCHI Baertschi.

your turn CanukTravella

Edited by Gstank29
  • Upvote 1

Virtanen isn't very good on the left side, I don't think Cassels is close but a good summer working on his stride and adding muscle could change that.

To be honest that's a really weak line-up, but that means a high pick so I'm in!

I disagree.

That lineup looks pretty solid. Young players have to take steps forward in their development. So guys like Sven,BO,Kass will have to produce to make the playoffs. I'm not worried,we will make the playoffs next year